• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR240 Value?

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's been awhile since I've been here so I'm out of the loop on pricing and would appreciate some feedback. I have a 2017 AR240 under 200hrs, brackish/fresh river water (MD), galvanized trailer and stored on a lift. Cosmetically and mechanically in very good condition.

I'm going to sell and move to a bigger boat but now sure what it's worth. I did a search and prices seem all over the place from 40K to 60K. In your opinion what's fair market value?

Thanks!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
NADA is your best bet, which has a suggested list at 55. The market is very hot right now due to limited supply but may taper off with gas prices. At 40k I would buy it from you.

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NADA is your best bet, which has a suggested list at 55. The market is very hot right now due to limited supply but may taper off with gas prices. At 40k I would buy it from you.
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like 50k is pretty fair so I’ve listed at that.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a good time to share what Suggested List price means on the NADA site, as it is a great resource. This is because the prices are based on actual sales in the zip code you enter.

Suggested List is the MSRP from Yamaha in the fall of 2016 when they were first released. Many were sold at list, and many more were discounted for less. This is plus dealer prep, freight and taxes of course. So in a normal market, you would never sell it for more than that number, as nobody makes money on a boat right?

Well the next two columns show what that boat has recorded sales for in your zip code. And in this case, they are actually higher than the MSRP when new! It's a crazy market. But it does confuse many first time sellers and buyers when they look at suggested list, as that is not suggesting what you list it for. It is telling you what the MSRP was when new. (including trailer, for yamaha boats)

Good luck with your sale.

Groundlift

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found a 2017 AR 240 at 45 hours, and it’s the only thing I could get in it’s class for $58k, no one would come down on their prices when I offered lower… And I search for a good while