• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2017 FSH Sport low rpm and top speed help

Riff Raft

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys,

Brief background: Boating on Gulf Coast my whole life, owned many boats, just sold 2011 Yam FX Cruiser SHO, fairly mechanically inclined, and recently purchased a new in '17 (purchased in '18) one-owner FSH Sport with only 10 hours on it and all original paperwork.

I'm fairly familiar with the 1.8l engine, So here's my question/issue. With the wife and I (140/210#) , a blue heeler, drink cooler, and maybe 50-60# of other gear, I'm maxing out at about 7200 rpm and 34-35 mph. I live on the gulf, but this test run was done on glassy bay with almost no wind... but I do have the T-top. I had a "repeat" 10 hr service done on it when I got it just to be sure I knew where I was starting from... included new plugs, Amsoil, grease intermediate bearing, lube/grease all areas in manual. Work was done by an OCD professional jet ski racer/mechanic of 25 years (he even checks compression and puts anti-seize on plugs).

Previous owner was fairly OCD as well. He had already sealed all hull leak points and pump, etc. Impeller and wear ring look like new, I can't find any issues.

I would love to see another 500 rpms or so and closer to 40 mph if possible. Is there a software update/upgrade? Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance and I appreciate your time!

34-35 is your average speed on these boats, you will get over 38 when you are less then 1/2 a tank, and on a good day 40.
Do check and adjust your throttle cable, you will gain an extra 2 mph if adjusted correctly.

34-35 is your average speed on these boats, you will get over 38 when you are less then 1/2 a tank, and on a good day 40.
Do check and adjust your throttle cable, you will gain an extra 2 mph if adjusted correctly.
Roger, and thanks. I did adjust the throttle cable ... it was probably 3/16" from maxing out. Also forgot to mention, I have 2 batteries( start and house) port stern, and one trolling motor battery starboard bow. Always a full take with afore mentioned passengers and gear. Guess I had hopes of 7500+ rpms and closer to 40 with this load out. So, no ECM/flash updates? Thanks again

Back