• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2017 Wake Wedge Group buy

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You guys asked for it so here it is. We are going to run this group buy for 1 month with orders being shipped out after it is completed so we can determine price. This sale is only good for JETBOATERS.NET members. We are going to break down the sale as follows ( lowered the amount from last year ):

1-5 units will be a 5% off

6-11 units will be 10% off

12 - above units will be 15% off.

Sorry still no wedge for the 190's.

Payment can be sent via paypal or I can call for a credit card # over the phone. I would also like a Pm with your shipping zip for a shipping quote.

Thanks!

Gantlin Products

Last edited:

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
JC will this work on my 2017 212X? I think I read that there are some differences in regard to how the rear boarding ladder attaches. Let me know... very interested in a wake shaper solution for my 212X

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey JC, will this work on the 2017 242x e-series?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes it will.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Short answer: If you want to change quickly then yes you have to purchase 2.
cool, so it is reversible but involves some effort is what I am gathering from your answer. Cool. How do I purchase now @jcyamaharider

I shot you an email asking the same question. Shoot me an email back with the specifics. Thanks brother

oh and also, disregard my question about switching sides as the wave is ride able in either direction unless you prefer facing the wave.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the wave is ride able in either direction unless you prefer facing the wave.
I did not think that was quite easy or even possible, for an amateur anyway, or is it?

--

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did not think that was quite easy or even possible, for an amateur anyway, or is it?

--
Based on my surfing experience (beach waves) it is typically easier to surf a wave facing it but entirely possible to surf it facing away as well. From what I have read this will apply when wake surfing as well... however I have yet to ride a wake wave. :). Lets go NC weather!!!!

LionShare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Maybe for me - depending on the discount

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To your point I think this is why most folks like me don't pull the trigger. I want to be able to accommodate facing the wave from both sides and it's my understanding that you can't switch sides easily while in deep water.
It would be nice to sell a kit specific to this. So basically you get one wedge but the hardware for both sides. Then work on an easier way to lock the wedge in from either side since the hardware is in place.
Just a thought...
cool, so it is reversible but involves some effort is what I am gathering from your answer. Cool. How do I purchase now @jcyamaharider

I shot you an email asking the same question. Shoot me an email back with the specifics. Thanks brother

oh and also, disregard my question about switching sides as the wave is ride able in either direction unless you prefer facing the wave.[/QUO

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To your point I think this is why most folks like me don't pull the trigger. I want to be able to accommodate facing the wave from both sides and it's my understanding that you can't switch sides easily while in deep water.
It would be nice to sell a kit specific to this. So basically you get one wedge but the hardware for both sides. Then work on an easier way to lock the wedge in from either side since the hardware is in place.
Just a thought...
^^ This Is also my dilemma!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok to answer some questions......you can not have 2 wedges on at the same time, they would overlap each other. Specific testing has been done to come up with the appropriate length of a flap that works.

You can change per side in a little under a minute or 2 if you have 2 wedges. This is how we have always done it.

The pressure that the wedge has to withstand there is no way to make a Wedge that can simply flip over, I have tried. Buy 2 or spend 100k on a boat that can switch on the fly. My choice would be the 1700 bucks.

Changing in deep water isn't an issue just don't drop it or create a lanyard to hold it if you do. I have changed in deep water for 4 years with no issues.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So as of right now we are at 4-5....potentially. Get one more and that is 80 bucks off.....what a deal!!

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going through a home refi but still a couple weeks before closing unfortunately...

Brian eilrich

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm in for a 2017 212X when can I give you a cc number