• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 WaveRunner EX beeps only when turning

WaveJam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Hi all.. This is kind of a strange problem. At least, I haven't been able to dig up any other instances of this:

I recently purchased a 2017 WaveRunner EX Sport (used) and it runs great, no probs. However, I've noticed that if the handlebars get wet, from that point on, there is a beeping noise only when the ski turns left. Turning right or going straight, no sound. Its not overheating or anything. If the handlebars stay dry, you can turn left with no noise. Weird, right?

Seems like something is shorting out in the handlebars?

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Try taking the control clusters on the handlebars apart enough to spray the inside with silicon spray usually the beeps are for cruise control and for no wake mode to tell you it is on and it is off like 2 or 3 fast beeps so it may be shorting out in the controls.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That ski doesn't have no wake or cruise.
When you are turning to make the beep, look under at the wires. Something is getting pulled too hard. Pull the front bucket out and look. Should be easy to narrow down. There isn't much wires there

There is only wiring going into the left control. With the start button, stop button, and the reverse lever which i believe is a cable.