• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha Boat Show Warranty Incentive?

ExATCer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought at a boat show in Sept and they gave me 2 additional years. 3 years total.
Is this offering for a particular show? Bought mine at the Tulsa OK Boatshow and was never mentioned?

SpeeDee4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is this offering for a particular show? Bought mine at the Tulsa OK Boatshow and was never mentioned?
Did they give you any discount or extended warranty?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I got 3 years. I've seen on this forum others getting the same or even more years. I know Yamaha adds years of warranty to sell leftovers. I bought a 2017 and mentioned to the dealer that I've been to a different dealer who was offering 4 years on s 2016 leftover. He said the 2 added years was a boat show only deal.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just bought a 212x today and got $2000 rebate and 2 additional years of warranty...The Raleigh boat show was 2 weeks ago.

Price was $55,995 plus tax, etc.
@kc919 I just picked up my 2017 212x the other day under Raleigh boat show pricing too. Couldn't pass up the additional 2 years of warranty and the $2k price break. I actually picked up another 2 years of warranty on top of that for a total of 5 years for a pretty good price. Maybe I will see you on the water. Enjoy.

kc919

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@kc919 I just picked up my 2017 212x the other day under Raleigh boat show pricing too. Couldn't pass up the additional 2 years of warranty and the $2k price break. I actually picked up another 2 years of warranty on top of that for a total of 5 years for a pretty good price. Maybe I will see you on the water. Enjoy.
That's awesome...congrats!! I actually added a couple of years warranty myself...can't wait to get the boat in the water. We've been waiting for our boathouse to be finished up at Lake Gaston and haven't been able to get the boat there yet...it's killin' me...haha. Have fun out there and enjoy the boat!!

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My intention was to purchase my boat at the Atlantic City boat show. The dealer I ended up talking with never followed up with me in the days after the boat show.

Fast forward two weeks after the show...I went to another Yamaha dealer that was also at the show and bought a brand new 2017 AR210.

At first they didn't offer me the additional 3 years warranty.

After I signed papers I called Yamaha customer support and explained my situation.

Fast forward to yesterday...I got the additional 3 years!

So I'm a happy guy for sure.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My intention was to purchase my boat at the Atlantic City boat show. The dealer I ended up talking with never followed up with me in the days after the boat show.

Fast forward two weeks after the show...I went to another Yamaha dealer that was also at the show and bought a brand new 2017 AR210.

At first they didn't offer me the additional 3 years warranty.

After I signed papers I called Yamaha customer support and explained my situation.

Fast forward to yesterday...I got the additional 3 years!

So I'm a happy guy for sure.
Congrats! Which dealer did you go thru? I went with Tom's River.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Which dealer did you go thru? I went with Tom's River.
Thanks! Initially I tried going thru Toms River but they were dragging their feet with me.

So I ended up buying my boat thru All Action water sports in Somers Point,NJ.
I feel I treated very well there.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks! Initially I tried going thru Toms River but they were dragging their feet with me.

So I ended up buying my boat thru All Action water sports in Somers Point,NJ.
I feel I treated very well there.
That's what matters most! Enjoy your new ride!

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Whoever has attended a boat show in 2017 - Is Yamaha offering the additional 3 years of warranty (same as the end of 2016) at the boat shows for an Incentive?
I have a 2016 AR192. I opted for the extended warranty. Thank God! The timing chain broke resulting in total engine failure requiring a rebuild of the engine. The engine is valued at $11,000 brand new. The engine had about 50 hours. Going forward, I will examine all threads good and bad in order to guide me in my next boat purchase. My wife and I both agree on a 24’ boat. Using this forum will help when shopping around. Although my confidence in Yamaha was shaken, you can be sure I will do my due diligence when considering My next boat purchase.