• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 190 FSH Redesign

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I noticed another vent/grill thingy on the side of the center console. (Next to the horn and speaker)
We don't have that...

It was on the 190 fsh.

Changing area vent? Fart fan?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I heard the new clean out plugs have water leaking past them...

Maybe they did this instead of water leaking past the inspection cover into the bilge.

Self bailing wet locker?

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I noticed another vent/grill thingy on the side of the center console. (Next to the horn and speaker)
We don't have that...

It was on the 190 fsh.

Changing area vent? Fart fan?
Coin return.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I heard the new clean out plugs have water leaking past them...

Maybe they did this instead of water leaking past the inspection cover into the bilge.

Self bailing wet locker?
My '17 clean out is always full of water which explains the need for the drain. I spoke to Yamaha and their engineers said the leakage is expected and normal. My main complaint (covered in another post) was the water leaking past the wet locker hatch and adjacent seams by the screws. I placed marine sealant and a marine weather stripping there and stopped all draining into the bilge after that. So I'm not convinced that's a drain out yet. Or at least it's a poor excuse to not seal up the wet locker and just let water overflow onto the swim deck. Would make it a little bit like a spa back there since the water does warm up ;)

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wonder what the reasoning was behind removing the rear jump seats and going to trip cushions ? Looks like they figured out a way to cut cost and still retain the original seating capacity.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Wonder what the reasoning was behind removing the rear jump seats and going to trip cushions ? Looks like they figured out a way to cut cost and still retain the original seating capacity.
The strange thing is adding the flip up jump seat doesn't subtract from your space. I mean you are not losing anything behind the seat because it's a flip up. I picture seat cushions littering the freeways to join my front seat cushion that blew off at 65 mph. As said before, cost? Don't be cheap Yamaha. Don't.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My '17 clean out is always full of water which explains the need for the drain. I spoke to Yamaha and their engineers said the leakage is expected and normal. My main complaint (covered in another post) was the water leaking past the wet locker hatch and adjacent seams by the screws. I placed marine sealant and a marine weather stripping there and stopped all draining into the bilge after that. So I'm not convinced that's a drain out yet. Or at least it's a poor excuse to not seal up the wet locker and just let water overflow onto the swim deck. Would make it a little bit like a spa back there since the water does warm up ;)
Hey that's pretty cool... We can have a crapper in the console, and a bidet in the wet locker.
I think we are getting somewhere...

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That blue color on the sport does look sweet.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had been looking for a sky blue color bay boat prior to buying the FSH. I do like my black its pretty classy looking. However I noticed on the new 19's it looks like toe combing pads have been replaced with seadek? If that's the case I prefer what I have over that. I do like Seadek and did my last boat in the snow camo which was great on the feet as well as easy to keep clean.

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm interested to see if the new touch screen is compatible with the older boats and if so, how much $. I really want NMEA2000 output for my plotter and that might be a cheaper and easier option than trying a Maretron Gateway.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm interested to see if the new touch screen is compatible with the older boats and if so, how much $. I really want NMEA2000 output for my plotter and that might be a cheaper and easier option than trying a Maretron Gateway.
Why? Other than "cool" factor (I guess), why do you want NMEA on your plotter? What will you gain or what will you get info for that you don't get now?

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The big ones are engine water temp and all the fuel usage data. I like having everything visible at once on one large screen instead of having to cycle through a single line lcd. Not a big deal and not for everyone, but I like the ability to customize what I see and where.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just cause the plotter has the capability of displaying that data does not mean that Yamaha Jet Boats provide that engine data.

I would bet the only data you will be able to see on your plotter is the same data displayed on your current gauges/display. Yamaha has to "push" or provide the data from the engine to be displayed, the plotter does not reach out to the engine to retrieve the data.

In addition, even if the connectx is "backwards" comparable to your boat, you will still need to figure out how to get the data from the engine to the connectx....

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
True. I just have to figure out which PGNs Yamaha has chosen to send over the network. If not what I want, then I can use a Maretron gateway and plug into the J1939 diagnostic port in the engine bay and that will give me access to everything. I already have a network built between my plotter and VHF so it wouldn't be a big deal.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Why? Other than "cool" factor (I guess), why do you want NMEA on your plotter? What will you gain or what will you get info for that you don't get now?
@ClemsonTiger

I see your back and involved in the forum again... Welcome back. I guess...

Are you going to restore all of your posts that you deleted?
By deleting all your posts, you really F'd up a bunch of threads that were created here.
We had some nice threads going on the 190 FSH...
They run on and don't make sense now... alot of the threads were debating your rhetoric.

Do you want to do anything to make that right?

Or are you here just to start up more bullshit?

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ClemsonTiger

I see your back and involved in the forum again... Welcome back. I guess...

Are you going to restore all of your posts that you deleted?
By deleting all your posts, you really F'd up a bunch of threads that were created here.
We had some nice threads going on the 190 FSH...
They run on and don't make sense now... alot of the threads were debating your rhetoric.

Do you want to do anything to make that right?

Or are you here just to start up more bullshit?
I see you've been hanging at the bitter barn. :inpain:

My posts about the FSH were heresy according to you, so why do you concern yourself with it?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Heresy is fine. Butchering the threads is not.
Threads have historical value.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Disagreements and debates is one thing... Throwing a temper tantrum and deleting all of your posts is another.

I'm here to add value to this forum. Still trying to figure out what your motive is lately...

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Disagreements and debates is one thing... Throwing a temper tantrum and deleting all of your posts is another.

I'm here to add value to this forum. Still trying to figure out what your motive is lately...
Our knight in shining armor!