• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018/2019 215 ID Questions

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@Scarabpaul,

Question about the base/stock stereo: Is the head unit and helm slave unit still a Kicker model?

And are the bow & cockpit speakers still Kicker, or some generic brand? I know you said they don’t sound very good, but wondering if maybe they are underpowered if Kickers.

TY!!!

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My stock head unit is Sony and stock speakers are generic. I didn't change the head unit, it works fine.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
My stock head unit is Sony and stock speakers are generic. I didn't change the head unit, it works fine.
What year is your 215?

I asked about the head unit because I wondered if just adding a second slave unit in the transom was possible... Maybe not....

I figured the speakers were generic, but hoped not.

TY!!!

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine is a 2015. I believe they changed the head unit recently but you should be able to add a transom remote either way.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@Yan Masse
@ScarabMike

In reading an older post (from ‘16) regarding the optional stereo system on a 215, I have a few questions:

It sounds like the optional stereo has three amps from what I read in the post. Is this correct?

Any idea what the latest system amp models are? Are they all two channel amps?

Are the speakers indeed wired in series? How is the system wired in regards to which speakers are wired together, and which speakers, if any, are wired to their own amp?

Are the amps mounted in the port console?

Is the wiring (power) able to handle another amp, possibly a four channel?

I can’t think of any other questions at the moment.

TY!!!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Lake test didn’t happen this w/e, due to the 215 the dealer is expecting in not having arrived yet.

TY again for all the help so far!!!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
We had the lake test!!! The weather wasn’t the best, trying to spit some rain and cooler, but we were able to get out!!!

We like the boat!!! The water was fairly calm, so going slower and making a wake, then turning around to test the boat in rougher water was about the only way to see how it handled. Not the best test, but happy with the 215 regardless.

We did notice a buzz, but this was a 215 G that we tested, without any floor covering, or anything in the boat besides us... We figure this is part of a jet boat, and will possibly be dampened some once the boat is loaded with all the life jackets and other stuff.

The test boat has the 150s. I am impressed with the performance with four of us in the boat, BUT.... I am wanting the 200s for a few reasons: little more power when skiing/tubing, slightly lower rpm when cruising at ~25-30mph, and being able to get on plane easier with a fair amount of people in the boat.

I am a little surprised at how quick the boat responds when turning the steering wheel, even just slightly!!! Definitely will take some time to get used to!!!

I do have a question regarding the no wake/ dock/ ski settings: On Scarab’s website it lists this as an option for the ID. The salesman is checking to confirm if it is an option still, or now standard... Can anyone confirm which this is?

Thank you to all for all the help!!!

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I checked them out on the website, and see what you mean of the 215 falling between the 203 & 223. One thing, and maybe we are behind the times, is we like the seating of the 215 with the two bucket seats and u shaped rear seat vs the “arena” seating, plus the versa seat option.
We will try to find a dealer with one in stock to compare.
TY!!!
My wife and I didn't like the Vortex folding chair at first too and preferred the bucket pedestals, but after looking at the rest of the boat and features that we did like, we were willing to compromise. Besides, the Vortex has a very comfortable port seat - yeah it's not as wrap-around, but lots of room to stand up and plush to sit on. Easy to turn sideways and it folds forward for more "under the bimini" sunshine protected lounging. Something we didn't like on the Scarab is the newer back-swept tower because the bimini folds out forward and requires support poles. I'm guessing they did that to help reduce ripping the bimini when going full throttle. Personally if I'm going racing, I want max speed with the bimini closed as the drag loses a few MPH. :winkingthumbsup"

Just remember to look at everything and don't let the salesperson rush you in any way - a new boat is a big purchase, make it YOUR choice.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do have a question regarding the no wake/ dock/ ski settings: On Scarab’s website it lists this as an option for the ID. The salesman is checking to confirm if it is an option still, or now standard... Can anyone confirm which this is?
Thank you to all for all the help!!!
Not sure on that...just make sure it's included if you order the boat.

Have you done a close examination of the Glastron, Vortex and Yamaha models too? Gotta check them all out, if you can, to compare features and layout - you want to make the right choice for your needs and don't rush into the purchase with excitement after one water test. Do your homework and look at everything you can. And have fun!
:D

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@Compatico,

TY for the reply.

I couldn’t find a 223 in stock for us to look at within a reasonable distance unfortunately.

Regarding the seating, I am kind of mixed on it, but my wife pretty much said she wants the traditional bucket seats...

The tower bimini top front support poles are one thing we are mixed on, but like the rest of the boat.

We didn’t lake test a Glastron or Yammie, but did spend some time in each at the boat show two weeks ago. The Glastron is nice, but I’m not sure we would be happy with the single, 250hp motor. We would only consider the 207.

The Yammie wasn’t bad. But it comes down to the darn seating I think....

When we were at the dealer, she even said she wasn’t sure she cared for the style of the new Four Winns H210... And it was in the Denim Blue we like. She said she likes the Regal, or possibly the Monterey better if we stayed with an i/o.

We sent an email listing what we would like option wise, and told the salesman he needs a sharp pencil!!! :)

Ty again!

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My Tahoe boat had Jensen speakers. I noticed on the 215 the base speakers didn’t have a brand name, but the grills looked exactly like the Jensen’s on my old boat.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
My Tahoe boat had Jensen speakers. I noticed on the 215 the base speakers didn’t have a brand name, but the grills looked exactly like the Jensen’s on my old boat.
Hopefully the base stereo won’t be in our 215 very long, once we bring it home....

I’ve been surfing, and emailing with JL asking questions, and kind of have a plan.

Just depends on what room there is to replace the remote unit at the helm with a JL controller, depth wise. If it won’t fit, then I’ll look at swapping the Kicker head unit and remote so I can mount the amps under/inside the helm console and keep a short rca run.