• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 & 2019 Yamaha Owners

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FSH 21 no major problems. I put in a portable potty. A 2 piece one, Rule if you are the first one that day to use it you have to empty and clean it out. Old lady and 10 year old girl. They have yet to use it, they just "go for a swim." or "lets stop at that marina". It is there if needed and you never know. But if I cleaned it out it would be used every trip. It still has the sample pack of oder stuff in it. I think it is great to have the option for a head. When, I mean if i had the chance to bring hot chicks for boat rides they always love to hear there is a bathroom on board.

nazrulgem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great, I was planning for a 242 and now it seems I am determined.......:D

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Knock on wood but my 2016 242 LS at 115 hours has been almost perfect. (A few loose screws in seats that i didnt get around to tightening ) and throttle cables that are starting to get loose with that throttle dip (and i am too afraid to try the workaround everyone suggests on this forum ) - the boat runs perfectly. Connext - has been flawless too. Ok - know i have jinxed myself !

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2018 AR240. Only real issue so far for me has been throttles slightly out of sync but I have been too lazy to fix yet or take to dealer.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2019 242 limited S E series, I have an View attachment 86611 issue with the door to the head compartment not fitting right the door is not made uniformly. Currently have the dealer trying to get it replaced for me. Boat has 0 hours and has never been in the water just purchased in December.
2019 242 limited S E series, I have an View attachment 86611 issue with the door to the head compartment not fitting right the door is not made uniformly. Currently have the dealer trying to get it replaced for me. Boat has 0 hours and has never been in the water just purchased in December.
Update on door problem.."FIXED "

Attachments

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2018 SX190 has been trouble free as far as performance issues go. Have one area on the side of the windshield where the rubber trim was acting weird. Boat is still tucked away for the winter so I'll address that once I get it back out for the season. Its minor, just annoying. Boat has 34 hours from our 1st season of use.

aicmichael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I am new to Yamaha boats but considering buying one in the next 2 months to bring to my little island overseas. Please provide pros and cons of owning this boat in an isolated overseas island where parts would have to be ordered from the USA or Dubai at a cost plus shipping and waiting time to get them each and every time.

What is the service interval and what is included in each service?
How reliable is a new 2020 or 2021 Yamaha SX190 in gulf salt water?
What spare or replacement parts should I buy and bring to my island with along with this new boat?
I am pretty technical and have performed all the required services on my 2005 Volvo Penta 5.7Gi-E duo prop sterndrive up until now.

Any other user experience and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
These boats are pretty easy as far as maintenance: Oil & filter change either annually or every 100 hours, a couple squirts of grease in 1zirk per engine, and I do spark plugs annually. Getting parts for these engines is relatively easy as they are also used in Yamaha Ski's. One thing to think about is you'll not want to let these boats sit in salt water for an extended period of time, as Yamaha doesn't recommend that practice.

aicmichael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I don't ever leave my boat in salt water...I take put and rinse engine n wash it each time