• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 212 Limited S question (first time be gentle)

MrSelfdizstruct75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here is my update. We are buying a used 2016 AR240. I'll post pics after I get it up here. I'm sure once you see it you may recognize it :)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here is my update. We are buying a used 2016 AR240. I'll post pics after I get it up here. I'm sure once you see it you may recognize it :)
Is it @Minh Nguyen 's boat???
Awesome. Has great mods. If that's the one, also ask about the wedge he made (if interested in surfing), he wouldn;t have any other use for it I suppose.

At any rate: congrats!

--

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought my first boat -- a 2017 242 Limited S E-series. Got it used and love it! I didn't grow up w/boats but gained some experience as a member of a local boat club. The ease of maintenance and upkeep as well as the standard features sold me on this boat many years ago. I have mods in mind for this upcoming season (speakers, head storage mods, and Thrust Vector fins) and feel I can easily do all the maintenance and mods I want myself.

I feared the low-speed handling issue for a long time. I watched videos and talked w/other owners. Finally, I took the leap and bought the boat. On the first day, all I did was drive around slowly getting used to the steering and maneuverability. Not going to lie...it took some time getting used to the feel. After only an hour or so, however, I was ready to back the boat into the "ditch" for pick up to my dry storage location. The first time was comical -- not injuries to persons or boat, thankfully! -- but, the second was picture perfect. Just remember (1) drive the rear of the boat and (2) as long as the motors are on, there is thrust. Dont be afraid to let the boat glide and use small bursts of reverse and forward power input. Once you get the boat where you want, turn the engines off. YouTube has some great jet boat maneuverability videos.

I have yet to see a downside to this boat. Family and friends love it. It has plenty of room, for people and stuff, quick acceleration, and smooth ride. Conquering the low-speed stuff is easy...just be patient. Take the plunge! You'll be glad you did! I wouldn't have any other boat out there.