• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 215 ID Wake Edition finally in the water at long last!

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Finally in the water....ready to rock. I'm *STILL* missing one of the rear seats and largest Smart mat with Scarab logo but now have FedEx confirmation numbers on both, so on route. Scarab have also apologized and are sending me the bow separator piece as well as the table, as compensation.....didn't hurt to ask and they said yes!

Attachments

MariusD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oh man, that's one beautiful boat! I'm sure you'll love it.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally in the water....ready to rock. I'm *STILL* missing one of the rear seats and largest Smart mat with Scarab logo but now have FedEx confirmation numbers on both, so on route. Scarab have also apologized and are sending me the bow separator piece as well as the table, as compensation.....didn't hurt to ask and they said yes!
congrats! guessing its pretty cool up your way. I had my 215 out a couple weeks back and even though outside temps were 30 deg., on the water we needed long pants and sweaters, and I'm 4hrs south of you :)

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love the new 2018 color!
My good friend just got the 215 wake and he loves it.
Good to hear scarab is taken care of you, they have been great to me with some warranty issues I had.

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Love the new 2018 color!
My good friend just got the 215 wake and he loves it.
Good to hear scarab is taken care of you, they have been great to me with some warranty issues I had.
They had no leg to stand on really, the dealer opened the factory seal in front of me and A. the boat was the wrong colour, but I didn't care and fell in love with that bumblebee look straight away.....but importantly, an entire section of rear chair was missing and the upgraded scarab mat was too.....it should all arrive today and we've been able to use the boat as a family regardlesss....bur very frustrating. They are also sending me two extra "SCARAB" decals for the side of the boat for free in case I scratch anything as a new owner....that's a nice, pretty expensive touch to add on top of the partition and table.

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
congrats! guessing its pretty cool up your way. I had my 215 out a couple weeks back and even though outside temps were 30 deg., on the water we needed long pants and sweaters, and I'm 4hrs south of you :)
It's been not so bad to be honest Paul. Definitely not pleasant for tubing or water sports yet but lake Nipissing warms up very, very quickly due to it's shallowness and by August, is one of the warmest lake in Canada with water temp at over 20c! We obviously pick our days carefully since It's a substantial body of water and the waves on it can be absolutely ridiculous since It's so shallow (Average depth only 15 feet but lake is 80km across) But we live on the lake only a 5 minute walk from the Marina where I decided to put the boat in instead of trailer it, so going out is literally looking out the window and deciding........definitely going out today! haha

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's been not so bad to be honest Paul. Definitely not pleasant for tubing or water sports yet but lake Nipissing warms up very, very quickly due to it's shallowness and by August, is one of the warmest lake in Canada with water temp at over 20c! We obviously pick our days carefully since It's a substantial body of water and the waves on it can be absolutely ridiculous since It's so shallow (Average depth only 15 feet but lake is 80km across) But we live on the lake only a 5 minute walk from the Marina where I decided to put the boat in instead of trailer it, so going out is literally looking out the window and deciding........definitely going out today! haha
you learn to adapt! usually when its cold out I leave the bow cover on and it helps. our season is short so we make the best of it..... seems like Scarab made good, a free table, bow filler and graphics is very generous!

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Awesome Boat!! That was a big whoops sending that out the door like that,but sounds like they did right for you.

I found a bend on the support (black) bar for the window on the driver's side last evening. Could you do me a favor and check yours to see if it's "completely straight" or designed with a slight curve to it.

I don't see it as an issue, but if its under warranty I'm replacing it. Thanks

Water is still too cold yet here also lol

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Awesome Boat!! That was a big whoops sending that out the door like that,but sounds like they did right for you.

I found a bend on the support (black) bar for the window on the driver's side last evening. Could you do me a favor and check yours to see if it's "completely straight" or designed with a slight curve to it.

I don't see it as an issue, but if its under warranty I'm replacing it. Thanks

Water is still too cold yet here also lol
can you share a photo of where exactly? I have to actually pull mine out of the water today or tomorrow since the damned "SET" button for the IST doesn't bloody work now. haha.....best to laugh right?

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It the black support bar on the driver side that supports the glass window. Sorry don't have a pic available.

I tested it the other day got a small piece of wood jammed into the port engine and had to limp it back on the other engine. Laugh right. I also found that the air temp is reading 150f and won't change so have to figure out what thats about.

Tighten all clamps and carry spares . I had to replace one clamp five mins into the trip and coolant needs to be added it sucked it right down below min level.

Maybe try again tomorrow.

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It the black support bar on the driver side that supports the glass window. Sorry don't have a pic available.

I tested it the other day got a small piece of wood jammed into the port engine and had to limp it back on the other engine. Laugh right. I also found that the air temp is reading 150f and won't change so have to figure out what thats about.

Tighten all clamps and carry spares . I had to replace one clamp five mins into the trip and coolant needs to be added it sucked it right down below min level.

Maybe try again tomorrow.
I will go down there later and take photos of the windows from front and back and see if that helps you at all. I'm having trouble with Rec Boat as a company right now. My missing parts arrived and some lunatic at the factory typed in the wrong serial number and the missing parts that showed up were the wrong colour and for a smaller boat (195)

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That’s crazy.... I’m not sure what’s going on maybe get ahold of the warranty Dept I heard they are good.

I called medallion last week got a voice message and no call back.

Customer support should never be under budgeted especially when your reborning your label from sea doo

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That’s crazy.... I’m not sure what’s going on maybe get ahold of the warranty Dept I heard they are good.

I called medallion last week got a voice message and no call back.

Customer support should never be under budgeted especially when your reborning your label from sea doo
Oh It's all being mega over night FedExed now........My dealer showed me the mistake someone made there, it was literally one little typo when they copied th serial number into their system to pull up our boat and came up with a 195 blue one instead. Rec Boats really screwed the pooch on this, but at the same time I'm 100% being looked after too.....will post all the details of it all when It's all resolved. Not fair to bitch too much before It's resolved PLUS I know they are dealing with it and are very embarrassed this happened. Also, I haven't forgotten about your photos!

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Glad to see they are taking care of it ... overnight sounds like the right thing to do... good luck

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hey , few qs? Im
Headed to dealer next week to spec one of these out pretty much exactly what u have. What was yr price ? Also I currently have a 215 hoi and the bimini top on mine looks so much better and cleaner than on the newer scarabs due to those unsightly front posts that project down to the bow of the boat. How difficult is it to engage/disengage the bimini on yr boat ? Seems to be my only hang up with the new set up on these boats ? Do u have touch screen and if so is it worth the extra $? Is the wake behind this boat a good rideable wake ? Ty for yr time 👍