• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy 2018 242 E series

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am looking to buy a 2018 E series boat. If anyone on here is looking to sell shoot me a message

Dave berry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The new blue limited used inblackage water charloote harber always flush after every use has salt water protection beautiful boat 35 hours wife does not like it reason for sailing has new trailer

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What do you want for it

Dave berry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any add ons that you have done? Would you be willing to meet anywhere for an exchange?

Dave berry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
no add ons this model has it all except balast system it is 242 limited s e series its on boat lift at my condo trailer is stored i can send pic not going to haul you need to come c boat would not have you come this far for bull boat is like new have storage cover inc

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
no add ons this model has it all except balast system it is 242 limited s e series its on boat lift at my condo trailer is stored i can send pic not going to haul you need to come c boat would not have you come this far for bull boat is like new have storage cover inc
Agreed. Good price. If it was 10 hours away it would be sold. I can’t justify driving to Florida however. Thanks for the info and offer Dave.

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 2018 E Series blue, is the exact boat I am looking for. If anyone else has this boat and looking to sell, let me know. I would be very interested. I am in Iowa and would be willing to travel 10-12 hours for the right deal.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed. Good price. If it was 10 hours away it would be sold. I can’t justify driving to Florida however. Thanks for the info and offer Dave.
It’s a great price, even if you paid to ship it. Fly down and inspect yourself or pay for an inspector in your place. There are lots of options.

Shark Bait

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Blue/white, 242LSE in WV with about 8-9 hours on it, garage kept. Deluxe cover, Thrust Vectors and some toys. I may be looking at parting with. It’s been in the water 3 times, fresh water lake.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I should have stated that I am in Iowa. There may be a logistics barrier that would be a problem😉. Used in saltwater? What color?
the boat can move for about$1.25 per mile. Let me know if you take that route and I might be able to help

IHawks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
the boat can move for about$1.25 per mile. Let me know if you take that route and I might be able to help
I would be interested in hearing more. I have never shipped a boat. That rate seems reasonable

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@IHawks we can PM if it decide to take that route, but I am writing a high level summary here since I think other can benefit as well.

The way our boats ( 190 to 240) are set are fairly easy to tow with an F150 or above. That opens the door to tons of contractors who are semi professionals ( aka hot shot). Enter the world of Uship. This works almost identical to uber. It charged about 25% of the fare to connect you with someone who it willing to transport your item.
Based on my experience is a lot about how lucky you are. What I mean by that is say you want to move a boat from Florida to Chicago. Best case scenario for you is someone from Chicago who just delivered a boat in Florida and need to come back. This person is very likely to give you a killer deal. Say something like $0.75 per mile. Now that being said anything below $0.75 is a red flag in my book. I personally will not even move a Jetski for less than $0.75 per mile, so if you get an offer on that range make sure you are real comfortable with the arrangement.

If you wanted to maximize your chance of being lucky the best way is to be flexible with the pick up and delivery window. That will get the best possible price. It also help a lot if you are in rather remote location if you are willing to pick from a "HUB" For example, if you are 2 hours north of Chicago it might save you like $300 if you drive the 2 hours to be pick up from Chicago.

It is important the boat and trailer are ready for a long trip. in October I traipsed a forum members boat from Oregon to Texas and the only incident was lost screw on the trailer fender. But the trailer was serviced and in top shape. Last thing you want is for a bearing to give up halfway or in middle of mountain with no cell phone reception. Most hot shots are equipped to deal with it, but trust me it is not good for either the driver or you. The longer the trip the more effort you want to put that trailer is a good shape.

the person advice is always to go pick up your own boat. It is true that if you factor in fuel, hotels, your time and wear and tear on the truck it is not worth it, but there is something cool about driving cross country to pick up your new boat. But maybe that is just me who drive to from Texas to PA to pick a tower instead of shipping it, LOL