• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2018 242X Ballast Pump for Port side on back order from Yamaha coming up on 3 Months. Any aftermarket options? What is stock Jabsco?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey everyone I’ve had my very lightly used 60 hours or so 2018 242X for about 6 months and been waiting on a ballast pump for the port rear for 3 months from Yamaha on a major backorder. Is the stock ballast company they use Jabsco? This model?

Is this the exact pump I need that comes stock? Is the port side snd starboard side completely different pumps as Yamaha told my dealer the port side was out and if one is not working none of the 3 pumps will work making my boat a sitting duck on having bags working for this summer. Also when they originally found the problem Yamaha sent us a new pump to the dealer but the dealer said it was for the starboard side and they called Yamaha back and the port side was a different model number. Is this accurate or same pump for both sides?

It would be covered under warranty but should I wait? Are there aftermarket options? How easy is this to do myself? Is this like clip in and clip out super easy to install a new one myself? Since I’ve never seen the ballast system actually fill or drain I think want the dealer to do the work as what if this was never the problem all along and they have to keep digging for the answer to fix my tanks not filling and unfilling.

I called Jabsco and they said they are having a really hard time making ballast pumps because of covid and having a hard time finding resin (I think she said) to make the housing for ballast pumps?

Getting frustrated to say the least at 3 months but I am still very thankful that we have a working boat nonetheless with all that’s going on with Yamaha especially new boats.

Thanks!

You could easily get the boat operating with ballast get a hose to run from the good pump fitting to the bad pump fitting Use the pump jumper cable to fill that bag or empty it . The fittings come apart very easily with no need for tools look into repairing your ballast pump I have seen info of how to open them and change the brushes or fix the magnets that pop loose. The cable can be used for a bunch of other items that are needed for the ballast as well even as an emergency bilge pump

Back