• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2018 242x e series clean out ports full of water

cachatz24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a new to me 2018 242x I noticed on the first time out that the clean out ports were full of water. I removed the plugs and drained the water the rubber around the plugs is pliable. I just took it out for the second time today and bilge was filling up with water. I did put new steering cables on it, but I verified that they are not leaking through the hull. Anybody else have an issue with water getting into the bilge? I did notice bubbles coming up from the drain plug in the front of the bilge floor.

I have a new to me 2018 242x I noticed on the first time out that the clean out ports were full of water. I removed the plugs and drained the water the rubber around the plugs is pliable. I just took it out for the second time today and bilge was filling up with water. I did put new steering cables on it, but I verified that they are not leaking through the hull. Anybody else have an issue with water getting into the bilge? I did notice bubbles coming up from the drain plug in the front of the bilge floor.
If your clean out ports are not sealing properly and filling the tubes enough to spill over the top, it would end up in the bilge from the tray. You should start there. Was the water filling into the compartment

Thats the conclusion that I kind of came too also. I believe that I created some of the problem also. I noticed the tubes full of water on the 1st time I took the boat out after buying it last weekend. I ordered the riser from Jetboat pilot because I heard of issues with water leaking past the cover. When I had the entire cover off I noticed the insulation was falling off. I have new insulation but did not have time to do it yesterday and the kids wanted to go out in the boat today so I installed the riser and sealed it up but I just installed the cover and did not seal it because I was going to go back in there this week to re insulate it. So I think that with the clean out ports leaking and the cover not being sealed I think it was filling the bilge area through the front bilge drain plug.

Thats the conclusion that I kind of came too also. I believe that I created some of the problem also. I noticed the tubes full of water on the 1st time I took the boat out after buying it last weekend. I ordered the riser from Jetboat pilot because I heard of issues with water leaking past the cover. When I had the entire cover off I noticed the insulation was falling off. I have new insulation but did not have time to do it yesterday and the kids wanted to go out in the boat today so I installed the riser and sealed it up but I just installed the cover and did not seal it because I was going to go back in there this week to re insulate it. So I think that with the clean out ports leaking and the cover not being sealed I think it was filling the bilge area through the front bilge drain plug.
Dont seal your cover tray with sealant, do this that way you can remove it anythime and its never an issue. I used rubber foam gasket from lowes that has 3m tape on one side of it
20240625_163751.jpg

Water sitting above the clean out plugs is not an issue. That happens to me most days depending how I’m boating.

Water in the bilge however is an issue I had and fixed. It’s the clean out tray seal that’s the issue. There’s a whole thread here dedicated to it. Once I fixed that (which was the first year I boated on my brand new boat) I’ve never had tons of water pouring out of the drain plug since.

Back