• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR210 Won't crank / click

zbell305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello,

I have a 2018 AR210 with about 335 hours on each TR-1 Engine. I was using it last weekend and on saturday used with no issue. Left in water overnight. Sunday, i started it and it fired right up, i had it idling at the dock while I untied my lines and had no issues. Once its in gear (~2000rpm), I get a check engine on the port engine with a code but in a hurry, I just shut off the port engine before taking down the code. Following that, the engine will not start or crank at all. I don't hear a clicking sound at the starter. I checked the starter relay, and there is power going to it from the battery. I tried to check the other side that goes to the engine, and I am not sure if there is any power from that side. I put the probes in place and turned the key, but without a second set of hands it could be that the probes were not on the metal good enough while I was turning the key. I checked the diagnostics and no codes were displayed while it was off, no oil leaks. The oil and plugs are maybe about 30 hours old, air filters within 5 hours. Thoughts?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You said the throttle was "in gear" and you shut the motor down. Did you return the throttle to neutral before trying to restart?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so your starboard engine is still starting / working ok ??

I too would suspect your neutral throttle position,

It's a shame we don't know what the error code was, many times boats that get left in the water end of with trash or fish in the intake jet and that will cause enough disruption of the water flow to cause an overheat, but that should cause the engine to not restart,

I also might think being in the water may have caused your swimdeck hatch to swell and maybe the safety switch under the swimdeck has not activated, tape a nickel to the swim deck to press the switch down farther,