• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 has done those for our Exuma and Abaco trip so hopefully he will do them for this year's Bimini trip.
Yeah I can probably take care of this. @Bruce do you want me to print some for you guys on the July trip as well if so how many you think you will need. I will take care of the cost on it. Hopefully I remember to bring them this time lol I don't think I handed out any of the Abaco ones as I think they are still sitting in my office and I'm pretty sure I still have some Exuma ones lying around as well if @Andy S @veedubtek @Ramblin Wreck @1948Isaac you guys want me to send you any of either.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Amar Nanduri has registered to captain Gorgeous Anu with a crew of 3 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of Chantilly VA.

The crew is described as: Myself, my gorgeous wife Anu, my amazing kids Arnav and Ananya and the super awesome Betik

You can register for the event using the form at
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-june-25th-to-30th.8/respond for June 25th to 30th
or
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond for July 9th to 14th

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m hoping for seas like this for our crossing in 112 days :cool:

Well damn I have seen the coast guard stop people before but never a video where they where stopped by the DEA and Miami police and chased by a chopper that's a crazy ending.

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bought
chart plotter
Hand held vhf radio
Fix mount vhf radio
What else do you think I need for communication safety?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bought
chart plotter
Hand held vhf radio
Fix mount vhf radio
perhaps a satellite system/sos beacon?
I know there was talk of InReach or similar

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Bought
chart plotter
Hand held vhf radio
Fix mount vhf radio
Definitely inReach. It is expensive but worth it.

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who is up for some shuffleboard at the infinity pool? Gaylord has hooked us up.

View attachment 69250
Sorry to interrupt this thread but I'm still trying to figure out how this forum works. When I register at Bahia Mar and get a room for 6/24, should I also reserve a room for return 6/30? What do most do?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to interrupt this thread but I'm still trying to figure out how this forum works. When I register at Bahia Mar and get a room for 6/24, should I also reserve a room for return 6/30? What do most do?
This is a personal preference but we usually depart Bimini at first light and usually are back in Ft Lauderdale between 8-10am most choose to load up and start their journey home.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think you @robert843 said is very accurate, but I wanted to add one more comment. You might want to consider having lunch prior to starting your journey home.
Last year I started my journey home as soon as we hit land and I was land sick. As consequence, the left side of my trailer
  • climbed a pedestrian crossing while maneuvering at the Customs Office.
  • hit a gas station iron poles while trying to refuel in Gainesville, FL.
Both cases were at very low speed, so no damage, but still a reminder that trying to make it west of Tallahassee the day of your return might be a bit ambitious.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think you @robert843 said is very accurate, but I wanted to add one more comment. You might want to consider having lunch prior to starting your journey home.
Last year I started my journey home as soon as we hit land and I was land sick. As consequence, the left side of my trailer
  • climbed a pedestrian crossing while maneuvering at the Customs Office.
  • hit a gas station iron poles while trying to refuel in Gainesville, FL.
Both cases were at very low speed, so no damage, but still a reminder that trying to make it west of Tallahassee the day of your return might be a bit ambitious.
I drove back to Atlanta after the 200 mile return trip from Abacos last year. Of course I'm pulling ski comfortably running 80mph most of the way back home so that may make a difference although I know @Andy S was doing close to that pulling his Cobalt. I couldn't imagine not being able to make it to Tallahassee.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck please do not forget that we are in a different league. I dare say all relevant dimensions. Big boat vs small boat. Big truck vs small truck. First timer vs. habitual Bimini offender etc.....
For guys like me all aspects of the trip are like flirting with Murphy.

the only real problem is that I would not want it any other way :banghead:

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck please do not forget that we are in a different league. I dare say all relevant dimensions. Big boat vs small boat. Big truck vs small truck. First timer vs. habitual Bimini offender etc.....
For guys like me all aspects of the trip are like flirting with Murphy.

the only real problem is that I would not want it any other way :banghead:
Hahaha...yeah pulling a ski is quite different. Just wait until this year @Betik all will be different and feel like a piece of cake to you. You've probably already experienced worse conditions then I have so nothing but sunshine and rainbows this year.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hahaha...yeah pulling a ski is quite different. Just wait until this year @Betik all will be different and feel like a piece of cake to you. You've probably already experienced worse conditions then I have so nothing but sunshine and rainbows this year.
From your mouth to Mother Natures ears!!!

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Andy S please update our lodging to 3F. Unit 1B appears to be double booked for this trip just like it was for the July trip. Apparently the owner is renting it out via Airbnb and not updating reservations with the resort. :( Better to find out now than later I guess...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Andy S please update our lodging to 3F. Unit 1B appears to be double booked for this trip just like it was for the July trip. Apparently the owner is renting it out via Airbnb and not updating reservations with the resort. :( Better to find out now than later I guess...
I have update your condo info on the list and tonight once I get home I will update the map with your changes and will also add @Amar Nanduri room to the map.