• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Chaparral Vortex VRX 2430 engine won't turn over

910Lugo!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just took delivery of a 2018 Chaparral 2430 Vortex VRX. We launched the boat, started both engines and everything worked great. The next morning after realizing that the battery switch was left on, one battery was dead. After boosting the battery with jumper cables attached to the good battery, the boat started and ran well. Next morning I went and bought a new battery as the charge did not seem to hold over night. I installed a new battery and the first start attempt failed. The boat fired on the second start, I then turned the boat off. After an hour my friends arrived and we boarded the boat and the one problem engine would not fire. It just cranked and the new battery was holding the charge. The good motor also got a eReverse module error and after reviewing some posts, I was able to clear that error but only one motor will turn over. I live in Coral Gables, FL if anyone knows of a mobile mechanic.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Make sure there aren’t any cables or ground wires you missed when reinstalling the new battery.

Not sure how the BRP stators are but with a Yamaha it will take a long time of continuous use to charge a battery while using the boat, so I’m not surprised jumping off the dead battery wouldn’t have a good charge.

910Lugo!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you for your reply. I changed one of the G8V-RH-1C7T-R-DC12 - POWER RELAY and the engine started. I know have a eReverse Module error!

Gatorbait2018

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Were you able to clear the eReverse module error? I also own a 2430 VRX.65206FAF-CD82-4262-9E30-50588B092757.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Gatorbait2018

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you! I got the eReverse issue solved. The breaker switch was out so I had to just push it back in.

Gatorbait2018

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
nice looking boat...did you happen to get it at Intermarine?
Thank you! No, I bought it at Dealer's Choice Marine in Orlando. How do your like your Chaparral? Is it holding up well?

Jakester1967

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you! No, I bought it at Dealer's Choice Marine in Orlando. How do your like your Chaparral? Is it holding up well?
We love it...it is a 2017 and we bought it in 2018 so got a pretty good deal on it. Knock on wood I have not had any big issues with it, just now dealing with a bad sensor but the boat will run until I can swap it or I get it replaced under warranty. I got mine in Fort Meyers so living in Miami I have to drive it across the state for service.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I bought mine there too. They stand behind their boats. Had lots of warranty work done there.