• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Day or weekend trips to Old Sacramento and a Lake ?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@gmtech16450yz , @wardial , @rsg1963 , @Ajohn5555 , @Cotay , @Luis Reyes , @kvoman , @rayrosas , @ZeeOne7345, @Doug , @Muck , @6wheeldiesel , @RFScarab, @jdonalds , @lazylion , @OrangeTJ, @Jeremiah , @1rjclark , @NORCAL-GAS

So June 2nd is fast approaching. The string above indicates that @wardial and @Jeremiah are in and @1rjclark is tentative. If anyone else plans on joining us this Saturday please let me know ASAP.

Reminder: We are meeting at Brannon Island by 9a this Saturday.

I plan to start back from Old Sacramento by 4p, 5p at the latest.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to do any tubing or boarding but if so I recommend that it be done on the way up as the waterway gets more crowded as you get closer to Old Sacramento. You can do it on the way back as well but time may be more of an issue on the way back. FYI - My son wanted to tube on one of our trips to Old Sac, he ended up taking a single tubing ride that lasted for 25 to 30 miles and probably took over an hour because of the no wake zones along the way. As far as lunch goes we can play it by ear as to whether we stop in Old Sacramento to eat or just bring our own food/bbq at discovery park.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you this weekend. Let's try and plan a lake day together for later this Summer.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boats going back to audio shop today. Problems with woofers. Hoping to be back in action to make it. I will keep all updated.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@1rjclark , thanks for letting me know. Did I see you on the water Monday? I only saw one other Yamaha and it was on the way back from the Port of Stockton to Orwood Marina between 230 and 330.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What day? I was out Sunday and Monday. I didn't get out till late Monday afternoon so I was headed towards the Port of Stockton by about buy about 3:30 - 4pm

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have the contact info to reserve a slip or dock space?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What day? I was out Sunday and Monday. I didn't get out till late Monday afternoon so I was headed towards the Port of Stockton by about buy about 3:30 - 4pm
Monday. I was surprised at how dead the port of Stockton was on a Memorial Day but happy that Moo Moos was open because we were not prepared to cook and eat on the water. It was a lot hotter than we expected as well.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nevermind. Here is is for anyone else. ‭(916) 264-8857‬
Sorry I didn’t make this contact info more clear, I think it’s buried in one of the links I provided earlier. It’s just one guy manning the docks and phone so if you don’t reach him when you call leave a message with your best contact number he seems to make all of his follow up calls the next day in the morning after 9.

Once you have your reservation for dock space you don’t need to stop in before hand to confirm it on the day you are there. They block off as many reserved spots as they need with tape so you are sure to have one even if you show up at midnight.

I memory serves me he will want your cf number, length of your boat and of course credit card number. Years ago he also asked me for proof of insurance while I was on the phone but he didn’t ask for any documentation when i got to the dock.

There are no convenience stores with at least a mile of old Sacramento pack accordingly if you plan to stay overnight or get your Uber account ready, you could always walk but it may be hot in Sacramento.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
UPDATE...... unfortunately my boat will be high and dry for this weekend. Have fun folks and safe boating!

wardial

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Dock space reserved.

Hotel reserved.

See you guys in the AM!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat is ready, BBQ and food are ready, my crew and I are ready. Looking forward to it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I had a good day with @wardial and @Jeremiah and their crews last Saturday. We got really lucky and had mostly smooth glass like water to ourselves for a lot of the Day. It was also a reminder that I am getting to old to do that much boating in one day, only 103 miles round trip but add that to the car time and I was wiped out the next day. I plan to stay overnight on futures trips.

Thanks for the memories guys.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a lot of fun but your right about overnighting. Thanks so much for the burgers Ronnie! Let me know when I can swing by and pick up the box anchor. Any day this week between 10:00 and noon would be perfect.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, totally late this this party. Been heads-down on this forum since last year and just now read this. Sounded like a great idea and would like to know when you're thinking of going again. Thanks for the invite!

Travis242LSE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Please let us know when and if you guys plan another trip. We are in Sac so probably just meet everybody out on the water if in Sac. Beryessa is our old stomping ground. Haven't been there in years. Spend most of out time today at Lake Folsom or Lake Camanche.