• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Florida Powerboat Club Miami to Key West Poker Run.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_20181110_213530.jpg I was fortunate this past week to be a part of the Miami to Key West poker run put on by the Florida Powerboat Club. We were also in Key West for the Superboat International Races to watch our buddy compete in the Superboat Vee class. He ended up taking the World Championship and the entire experience was amazing. Here are some teaser pics.... Full video coming IMG_20181112_222320_263.jpg IMG_2710.jpg

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's awesome. I watched some of the races on youtube.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a video I threw together from the poker run, parade and poker run dinner. Enjoy....

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I thought of @1948Isaac while I was there. We were tied next to a beautiful Renegade while at Gilbert's in Key Largo.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

COtoFLsurf

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very cool, and congratulations to your buddy for bringing home the hardware! We were down there Fri/Sat as well, spent Fri watching races on the water from the Negoseator yatch (2:17 in the video), was living pretty large for a day, then back to reality. Great times in Key West (though there is a pretty good party there end of October as well;))

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like a fun event

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool, and congratulations to your buddy for bringing home the hardware! We were down there Fri/Sat as well, spent Fri watching races on the water from the Negoseator yatch (2:17 in the video), was living pretty large for a day, then back to reality. Great times in Key West (though there is a pretty good party there end of October as well;))
Nice! We were docked right next to the Negoseator all week. (on the other side of the dock). Pretty sure it was Jet Drive.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
8B055BF9-F70B-4161-A985-39D64CA2D9DF.png Nice Vid! Thanks for putting my 21FSH on at the 1 min mark! Our Fountain blew a drive so we drove down. But took my FSH out of Islamorada and ran up to the lunch stop at Gilberts it is always the best there for pics, Faro Blanco has the best food at that stop. Been going since 2014. Love it Stu puts on the best poker runs. Will see u next year be back in the run. We went over to look at the new Fountain cat that was the pace boat, that’s why you got the pic of us. Ill throw up some pics of the woman from the FPC events in that section.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome @Liveto99...... I had a feeling the owner would be a member here. We were on a Fountain as well..... It was the light blue 48 express cruiser with 5 350 Verados. Unless something changes, I'm never missing this trip again. Our friend have been asking us to go for years and this was the first opportunity that we had. We'll definitely meet up next year.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So how fast did you guys run,how far was the fuel stops apart and approximate cost?I'm thinking about buying a bigger boat to do a run like this just trying to get a idea for the boat.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So how fast did you guys run,how far was the fuel stops apart and approximate cost?I'm thinking about buying a bigger boat to do a run like this just trying to get a idea for the boat.
It's about 160 miles. No fuel stop for us. Some of the big motor cat boats stop and get fuel, but not sure where and how far apart they were. Took around 4\4.5 hours. We were running anywhere from 45-65 mph. This was not my boat so I have no idea about the cost. I'm sure it was a crap load just to get it trailered from NC to Miami. Wide load permits are required for each state.

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info 45-65 sounds like a good speed to travel i got some prices on the emerald run i can base the cost it off some of that now to figure the fuel range

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fuel at Gilberts in Key Largo, Faro Blanco in Marathon, or anyplace you want most of the boats use these spots. They have a truck with race fuel for boats that need that staged. The night before there is a mandatory Capt. meeting that you have to attend they go over all of the info you need. Stu who runs it gives out a bag and a folder with info on anything you could need. There are 3 classes of boats, you sign up for one. Sport 45 to 65MPH. Performance 65MPH to 85 i think, Then the high performance class. There are green yellow and red stickers to tell what class you are in. we are in the sport. Cost, get boat down to Miami, charge to put it in water, trailer storage, fuel for 320 miles round trip. Hotel in Miami the night before. dinner that night. Breakfast is given to you the morning that you are leaving. lunch is included in your admission fee. you will get that at Gilberts, Faro Blanco, or he will give you a credit if you eat somewhere along the way give him back the ticket. Islamarada fish company or something like that. you need the marina fees from Thursday to Monday at Key west. You need the hotel for the same nights at Key west. They give a club discount at places. If you join the FPC they will explain all this. you need food and drink for the days you are there. It is a great time and you meet very fun people. Go and have fun be yourself.
You could do the run down have someone drive your trailer down and get your boat out and go home and save a bunch. You will want to stay and have fun with all the new people you meet.