• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Florida Powerboat Club Miami to Key West Poker Run.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fuel at Gilberts in Key Largo, Faro Blanco in Marathon, or anyplace you want most of the boats use these spots. They have a truck with race fuel for boats that need that staged. The night before there is a mandatory Capt. meeting that you have to attend they go over all of the info you need. Stu who runs it gives out a bag and a folder with info on anything you could need. There are 3 classes of boats, you sign up for one. Sport 45 to 65MPH. Performance 65MPH to 85 i think, Then the high performance class. There are green yellow and red stickers to tell what class you are in. we are in the sport. Cost, get boat down to Miami, charge to put it in water, trailer storage, fuel for 320 miles round trip. Hotel in Miami the night before. dinner that night. Breakfast is given to you the morning that you are leaving. lunch is included in your admission fee. you will get that at Gilberts, Faro Blanco, or he will give you a credit if you eat somewhere along the way give him back the ticket. Islamarada fish company or something like that. you need the marina fees from Thursday to Monday at Key west. You need the hotel for the same nights at Key west. They give a club discount at places. If you join the FPC they will explain all this. you need food and drink for the days you are there. It is a great time and you meet very fun people. Go and have fun be yourself.
You could do the run down have someone drive your trailer down and get your boat out and go home and save a bunch. You will want to stay and have fun with all the new people you meet.
@Liveto99 ..... It was our first time and an absolute blast. I met Stu, and in fact, he contacted me asking if I'd let him use my drone footage from the raft up. For some reason their photographer couldn't fly his drone. I know the trip as spectators (crew) cost us a total of about 4k. That's plane tickets, hotel in Miami, three nights in Key West and all our food and drinks. I couldn't imagine what the total would be for those actually running and trailering boats from across the country.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did winship make it to that race? He likes to test his tune ups on lake lanier... couple years ago before poker run he had to have a motor overnight shipped to be ready. They installed it at marina my buddy works at. 3k shipping bill was nothing for him.

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Have you ever been too, if the are even still doing it, The Big One poker run in Destin, FL?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you ever been too, if the are even still doing it, The Big One poker run in Destin, FL?
Aug 12 to the 16th FPC has a poker run In Destin. No I have not been to it. I don’t know if that’s the one you are talking about.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nor have I. Been to a few here in NC, the MAPA powerboating for a cure in VA Beach, and of course Key West.

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Aug 12 to the 16th FPC has a poker run In Destin. No I have not been to it. I don’t know if that’s the one you are talking about.
That sounds like it.