• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
FYI. I just filled my boat for the first time with gas since the fling and I took 26 gallons for the crossing home from Bimini. 2026 AR240
We should ask you what's changes are coming to the new boats with a 2026 you should know! LOL. :happy:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FYI. I just filled my boat for the first time with gas since the fling and I took 26 gallons for the crossing home from Bimini. 2026 AR240
I burned right at 26 gallons as well.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hey guys We lost a GoPro camera at Honeymoon Harbor over in Bimini on Thursday July 28th on the rocky side Of anyone hears of one being found can you please contact me, even if it's just the memory card please
Thanks so much
Valerie
386-748-1988

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys We lost a GoPro camera at Honeymoon Harbor over in Bimini on Thursday July 28th on the rocky side Of anyone hears of one being found can you please contact me, even if it's just the memory card please
Thanks so much
Valerie
386-748-1988

Other than for losing your camera I hope you had a great trip and a great time! Sorry it didn't work out for you to come with the bigger group but I'm glad to hear you pulled it off.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Other than for losing your camera I hope you had a great trip and a great time! Sorry it didn't work out for you to come with the bigger group but I'm glad to hear you pulled it off.

Thanks It was a good trip We came back a day early because the conditions were too good not to
I'm looking forward to going with you guys next year for sure
If anyone is going again in the near future I would love to join in the crossing We do have 90 days before we have to pay customs again!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Valerie, @john94si is possibly going in Sept and I may try for the Labor Day weekend. I'm waiting on my on call work schedule to come out. Plus check weather. My DeLorme InReach should arrive today also.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Valerie, I am glad that you and your group had a safe and enjoyable trip. What were the crossings like?

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
The crossing was ok It was annoyingly Choppy This was only the second time in the 10+ years of riding that I flew off my ski, I hit a wave sideways. I didn't lose my visor or sunglasses so it couldn't have been that bad. It took 7 of us juts under 4 hours to cross We ran about 35 minutes late leaving and some of the people were carrying racks with coolers gas and fishing poles. Some couldn't stand and ride so we were at a slower pace then I would have liked just a bit faster and we could have stayed on top of the chop. I travel with everything inside my ski except 2 5 gallon jugs strapped onto the back. We all made it on 1 tank of gas which I was astonished by There were 2 newer kawais and 2 Yamaha FZRs and I thought for sure they would have to refuel on the water The first GPS stopped working about a quarter of the way there but we had 5 GPS all together so we were good in that aspect We did not see one other vessel while we were out there which was a little scarey in the back of my mind . We got to see a lot on this trip I would have liked a day or two more Even one day to just chill at the pool and do nothing We took the ferry over to the other side and while we were gone someone tried to steal one of the golf carts We had to tow it back but it was the end of our time with it anyway I would definitely stay at the sands again everyone was very nice Our accommodations were perfect We fit 7 skis in one slip with no problem. It cost us $190 per person (7 people) for 4 nights including the boat slip. You can not beat that for a great stay
I did however try and climb the sapona by myself and fell, I have a giant hematoma the whole back of my thigh and my arm looks like chopped meat I went to the er when I got home but they don't suggest draining them Just compression, elevation and heat I learned my lesson I guess you can say :-( But o really can't wait to go back Next time I am taking my ski over to the Hilton at night this way I am on my own time frame But if you do take the ferry they have free shuttles from big game to te Hilton and back then they call the ferry to come and get you when your done.image.jpeg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Valerie, it sounds like a great trip. Sorry about the rough water but you knew about that going in.

Were you climbing the rope ladder on the Sapona when you were injured? On one of the past trips a young lady cut her foot pretty badly climbing the Sapona barefoot.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh girl ! I'm glad your injury wasn't worse. Sometimes we forget how far from medical attention we are when we're trying to have fun. And I guess we also forget we're not invulnerable.

4 hours crossing on jet skis sounds grueling! Hooray for you guys.

That does sound a little eerie not seeing other boats - we saw quite a few when we did it.

Glad you got back mostly in one piece. Heal up !

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
No I have absolutely no upper body strength and could not get up that ladder Last year I was able to get to the top using the inside ropes and my back against the ship but I did have help This year I went at it alone and barefoot Lesson learned Unfortunately the hard way :-(

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
On another note We are wanting to run across Friday August 26-Monday August 29th Seas and weather permitting Anyone crossing at that time?
Anyone stayed at
Sea crest, Big johns,
Weeches or Bimini blue water ?

Any comments or reviews?
Thanks

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On another note We are wanting to run across Friday August 26-Monday August 29th Seas and weather permitting Anyone crossing at that time?
Anyone stayed at
Sea crest, Big johns,
Weeches or Bimini blue water ?

Any comments or reviews?
Thanks
I've only walked through a room a Sea Crest, doing a little recon to see if we would ever want to stay there on a quick trip. The room seemed clean and decent but very much stuck in the 70's/80's decor which we didn't care since all we would be doing is sleeping there, we decided we would stay there. Like most docks on North Bimini the one a the Sea Crest is a fixed dock which might make it tough at low tide to get off or on your ski.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Ok we are planning on crossing Friday August 26th returning Monday August 29th is anyone wants to join us Weather and seas permitting of course

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice @Valerie my wife and I are planning the following weekend for Labor Day! Weather permitting also.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I wanted to go then I was supposed to be off for 10 days but took on Labor Day for double time and a half :-( Can't pass that day's pay up

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hear ya I take many peoples Sunday for double time!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length