• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Fsh 190 coolant clamps

paulwjax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello all, trying to get everything tip top on my 2018 FSH 190 before I head out this spring. I was inspecting the hose clamps in the engine compartment and found these clamps on the cooling lines were in dire need of replacement.

I found the replacements but I feel like paying $8 per clamp for something that isn't stainless is a hard pill to swallow when these clamps can be bought in a giant set for pennies on the dollar.
Has anyone replaced these? And if you did, what did you use?

Attachments

paulwjax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nevermind, I bought the OEM clips anyway.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok for the class of 2022 there is a search button at the end of the blue bar on top of the page if you use this you can search all sorts of info , remember if you are asking a question today several other people have probably asked it in the past and there are most likely a lot of answers. I just put in rusted hose clamps and this is the result , https://jetboaters.net/search/471707/?q=rusted+hose+clamps&o=relevance hope This helps you I never saw your question or I would have answered it for you . I just noticed your intermediate bearing in the picture and think you may want to make sure no grease is coming out around the rubber and aluminum housing , also do a search on greasing the intermediate bearing or how to not grease it and add gear lube instead. . This web site is a library of very important and helpful information but sitting in the library won't teach you anything if you don't open a few books .

paulwjax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I searched, didn't search for the right thing. ;)
I also noticed that mound of grease, that was actually a dealership who did the "maintenance". It prompted me to double check everything before I got on the water.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I hope they did not separate the rubber there is a lot of info on avoiding damaging the bearing housing by greasing it. Also spray white lithium grease on those clamps you replaced to protect them from rusting as quickly .

paulwjax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you, that's sound advice.

btw - I have a Cobra Jet on my boat and wanted to say thanks. Love it! :winkingthumbsup"