• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 FSH 210 - Bad Acceleration to plane

So Im going back at this again..I dont believe I have a loss of power. It would launch hard and plane with 3.5 seconds or so. I have to gradually go up on throttle to actually get it to plane..If I WOT then it will just move 2 or 3mph then about 6 seconds later it will start to plane.

So Im going back at this again..I dont believe I have a loss of power. It would launch hard and plane with 3.5 seconds or so. I have to gradually go up on throttle to actually get it to plane..If I WOT then it will just move 2 or 3mph then about 6 seconds later it will start to plane.
Did you check your impeller to wear ring gap like I suggested? My impellers looked brand new and this way my problem.

Did you check your impeller to wear ring gap like I suggested? My impellers looked brand new and this way my problem.

I have not checked this..Im going to check that, switch cleanout plugs, and clean up my caulking job. Do you know clearance specs?

I have not checked this..Im going to check that, switch cleanout plugs, and clean up my caulking job. Do you know clearance specs?
.014" - .020". .03" is too much..... I bet I am in the neighbor hood of .012-.015" now with the new impellers.

I agree with JC, this is one of the more difficult aspects of a jetboat, when there is a problem you have to look at many potential areas and sometimes are looking for a "magic" bullet that's causing an issue,

your impellers look great, your intake looks acceptable (I believe it doesn't have to be "tuned" smooth, as long as there are no obstructions,

when I had my cavitation issues I would have to accelerate slowly to get to full power but I also had other symptoms, noise and shaking,
mine was loose sealant, it looked ok but wasn't attached, if you pulled on it with your finger it would pull up,

this is from my '07, yours may vary,

1587657423565.png

It is a couple of thousandths difference on the high side but close enough, I am sure those specs would apply to any Yamaha boat.

.014" - .020". .03" is too much..... I bet I am in the neighbor hood of .012-.015" now with the new impellers.

Ok awesome..Ill check that. I did call my local dealer to see if it is covered under warranty just incase I cant fix it..He said as long as impeller and tunnel wall doesnt look like I sucked something up and damaged it then its covered. Id like to fix it my self and void waiting 2 weeks to even get it in. Ill report back on what I find this weekend.

Thanks for all info and help!

Ok awesome..Ill check that. I did call my local dealer to see if it is covered under warranty just incase I cant fix it..He said as long as impeller and tunnel wall doesnt look like I sucked something up and damaged it then its covered. Id like to fix it my self and void waiting 2 weeks to even get it in. Ill report back on what I find this weekend.

Thanks for all info and help!
Did you ever find what the issue was?

Back