• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Limited S Articulating Keel Bent

wesrich18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone I need some help. My articulating keel paddle is bent. Can you replace the paddle without having to remove the entire assembly?
The service manual has 2 sentences showing installation of the base plate but not the actually paddle and pin. I also can’t find any good videos showing a process for it.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here is some food for thought if you remove the rudder completely and install a set of my super ultimate ak deluxe steering in it's place the boat will handle better at all speeds it will have spring loaded adjustable steering that you won't have to be concerned about and it can be upgraded with the mega fang plus upgrade as well any time . I have boats in the keys and in Canada that have real issues with the rudder hitting objects as it is the lowest point of the boat and this solves the problem plus improves ALL the steering from slow speed to wide open throttle. And the fins are above where the rudder would sit.

wesrich18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is some food for thought if you remove the rudder completely and install a set of my super ultimate ak deluxe steering in it's place the boat will handle better at all speeds it will have spring loaded adjustable steering that you won't have to be concerned about and it can be upgraded with the mega fang plus upgrade as well any time . I have boats in the keys and in Canada that have real issues with the rudder hitting objects as it is the lowest point of the boat and this solves the problem plus improves ALL the steering from slow speed to wide open throttle. And the fins are above where the rudder would sit.
which system would you recommend for a 2018 242 Limited S?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
which system would you recommend for a 2018 242 Limited S?
if you are removing the rudder I have a special super ultimate AK deluxe that also has the plaining surfaces it would run $480 with free domestic shipping. I would need to send you the invoice directly for that system .

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is a small bolt on the bottom of the pin that seems to hold it on.