• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Models have float switch Bilges!!

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did some testing and found that the auto bilge functions without the keys in the ignition, nor the battery switches on. It is wired directly to the battery.
To test yourself, leave everything off. There is a test switch on the side of the bilge pump. Press it for 3 plus seconds, and you'll here it kick on. Still in doubt, fill the rear of the boat with water and it will kick on.
I've done both, so I thought I would pass it on.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Basic question here: for a 2018, I know the battery has to be in the on (green) position, but will the auto bilge function if the keys are not in the ignition?
It should if the 2018 models works like the 2016 models. As long as the Aux battery is on the "ON" position, auto bilge and auto blower should work.

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys ... this week will be the 1st time that the boat won't be stored in my garage after being on the water. We are renting a house at the lake for 5 days (has a covered dock w/ a lift tho) and there are scattered storms in the forecast all week.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my 2018 SX195, I now also tested my bilge pump with the battery switch off. The automatic function of the bilge pump does work with battery switch off. Just like Frank did I turned the battery switch off and pushed the test button on the side of the pump and you will hear it kick on. You will need to press the test button and hold for about 3 to 5 seconds.

Here’s the instruction manual for 2018s.

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/950-0594.pdf

Here’s the instruction manual for the 2017s and older with the auto sensing pumps.

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/950-0519.pdf

Last edited:

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a video describing the pump they put in the 2018s. Interesting information is that if it senses any oil or fuel, it will not activate the pump.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll have to test mine with the battery switch off again, I know the manual override didn’t work with the dash switch when the battery switch was off, but I’m not sure I pushed the test button on the pump with the battery switch off.
Just tested it yesterday and yes, pump will automatically kick on with battery switch in off.

Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the E-Series boats, turn on the battery switches, turn on the key, let the system, boot up, and then turn the key off. Leave the battery switches on. The bilge pump will do its cycle thing every 3-4 minutes. It say understanding that the pump is then turned off when the battery switches are then turned off. Mine has worked consistently that way for 1.5 seasons now.