• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Scarab 255 ID Bluetooth and USB Issues

JoeF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
guys, just took delivery of my new 2018 255 ID with the upgraded stereo and medallion screen. Bluetooth won't connect to my phone (but does to some others, not all) and the USB audio just says "loading" but wont work either. I know it's a warranty issue but looking to see if others have experienced this and what it was. Dealer was aware of it when I did the initial walk-through and said it was fixed. Also having some interference in the speakers (buzzing and crackling).

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here is a link to a similar thread. Connections on your Scarab will be the same.
I had this same issue with mine. Had to make the connection and start from the beginning (pairing the phone) and been fine ever since.

I also find if the Bluetooth is set to someone else's phone, select the disconnect on the medallion screen, forget connection on your phone, turn Bluetooth off and back on (phone) and pair with the medallion. It seems long but works for me every time. Hope this helps.

JoeF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I’ve done all of that and my phone still locks up the screen, requiring a hard reboot of the medallion.

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Had a similar issue. We connected a phone via Bluetooth during delivery all work as normal. I connected a different phone a few days later via Bluetooth and all worked as expected. Off to the lake for our first endeavor. Once on the lake, tried to connect the phone we connected upon delivery. This did not work. Tried the phone I recently connected and would not work. The Medallion screen showed connected however the phone showed the spinning wheel. The phone never connected and eventually the Medallion screen locked up on the right side of the screen. Left side of screen still functional, ski mode on/off, RPM and MPH.

Tried numerous things with no successes. This is what ended up working for my situation.

* On both phones previously connected under Bluetooth settings “Forget This Device” mine was named RBH

* Turned off Bluetooth on both phones

* Turned off both phones

* Turned the engines off (Boat was running)

* Opened the back-rest bow seat cushion -in front of the helm. (Driver Side)

* Unsnap white covering behind the Medallion Screen to access behind the Medallion Screen.

* Locate Blue Ethernet cable connecting the Medallion screen and disconnect it.

* Turn off Battery Switch to off position

* Waited a minute or 2

* Turned Battery switch back to on position

* Waited another minute or 2

* Turned ignition to Accessory position (Far Left)

* Plugged Blue Ethernet cable back in under the helm.

* Medallion Screen Rebooted

* Turned Phone on that was originally connected upon delivery and enabled Bluetooth

* Choose Bluetooth on the Medallion Screen and was able to pair.

* Working correctly now

A few notes, the two times connecting phones for the first time was when the boat was not running. Ignition was on Accessory position, to the far left.

When I had the problem, (screen locking up) boat was running. No idea if this had an effect on my issue, just an observation.

Last edited:

JoeF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Had a similar issue. We connected a phone via Bluetooth during delivery all work as normal. I connected a different phone a few days later via Bluetooth and all worked as expected. Off to the lake for our first endeavor. Once on the lake, tried to connect the phone we connected upon delivery. This did not work. Tried the phone I recently connected and would not work. The Medallion screen showed connected however the phone showed the spinning wheel. The phone never connected and eventually the Medallion screen locked up on the right side of the screen. Left side of screen still functional, ski mode on/off, RPM and MPH.

Tried numerous things with no successes. This is what ended up working for my situation.

* On both phones previously connected under Bluetooth settings “Forget This Device” mine was named RBH

* Turned off Bluetooth on both phones

* Turned off both phones

* Turned the engines off (Boat was running)

* Opened the back-rest bow seat cushion -in front of the helm. (Driver Side)

* Unsnap white covering behind the Medallion Screen to access behind the Medallion Screen.

* Locate Blue Ethernet cable connecting the Medallion screen and disconnect it.

* Turn off Battery Switch to off position

* Waited a minute or 2

* Turned Battery switch back to on position

* Waited another minute or 2

* Turned ignition to Accessory position (Far Left)

* Plugged Blue Ethernet cable back in under the helm.

* Medallion Screen Rebooted

* Turned Phone on that was originally connected upon delivery and enabled Bluetooth

* Choose Bluetooth on the Medallion Screen and was able to pair.

* Working correctly now

A few notes, the two times connecting phones for the first time was when the boat was not running. Ignition was on Accessory position, to the far left.

When I had the problem, (screen locking up) boat was running. No idea if this had an effect on my issue, just an observation.

thank you for the details! I will give that a shot.

JoeF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
ALSO, talked to SCARAB warranty Technician and he informed me that the USB does not support Android or Apple audio, only "Thumb drives"...helpful info that would've been nice to know earlier. Gotta say that's pretty disappointing...

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
guys, just took delivery of my new 2018 255 ID with the upgraded stereo and medallion screen. Bluetooth won't connect to my phone (but does to some others, not all) and the USB audio just says "loading" but wont work either. I know it's a warranty issue but looking to see if others have experienced this and what it was. Dealer was aware of it when I did the initial walk-through and said it was fixed. Also having some interference in the speakers (buzzing and crackling).
U need a software update. Mine did the same
I had to always turn batteries on off to hard reset. Software updated and it works like a charm no more issues like u had explained

Edgeman66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Can you let me know where you downloaded the firmware software update?
I have the same issue and would like to resolve it.