• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Took delivery of new 255 Open ID/ Few Questions

W255openID

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Thanks for responses.
The flapping is from the black canvas that is on a portion of the hard t-top. Ill double check snaps and zippers, but I'm pretty sure they were all snapped and zipped.

Boat came with no covers. I cant find online, but I did find for 255 Open G, which looks like the exact same.

I live in Clearwater Beach.

I am happy with aftermarket mats dealer installed. Pic.

The acceleration is awesome. Really haven't tested top speed yet, I did hit 56,,it looked like about 7750 RPM..I think.
I believe it's in break in mode till 10 or 11 hours. Hopefully we get a few warm days soon too.

Hi,
I just purchased a 255 open ID from cycle springs as well, there are no covers available for these boats that I have seen. one place on the internet, but when I clicked on the make/model it says to call in about it... Cycle springs said they have someone that will make a custom cover, but its $3,500.00. I will keep you posted if I find any other info.

Riviotta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow! Beautiful color on that boat. Impressive. :Welcome: to the forum. Lots of good people here to help keep you safe AND on the water.

I have a Chap but pretty much same BRP engines and controls. When I put mine in the water it too would pull forward; couldn't understand why. But, it's your "true neutral" control. With the engines running and NOT in gear with the screen monitoring the engines, you'll see "N" with an arrow above and below. Press the down arrow (tap or hold) till you feel it stop pulling forward. This action lowers the buckets 1mm per tap into the jets. The more bucket in front of the stream/jet, the more interference with the water flow which will start to pull the boat backwards. This is how you find true neutral in any situation. Works great!

My Bluetooth was not working either. Turns out it was not connected. But first, make sure the volumes on your phone and the stereo is up. If yes, you'll have to run an RCA cable from the receiver over to the medallion. I'll try to provide more info latter.

The flapping should not be happening. Can you tighten things up. Mine never flap at any speed and they're always up.

Surprised the boat didn't come with snap on covers. Did you ask for them? Covers can be expensive and don't last forever. You get what you pay for with boat covers.

Good luck and take more pictures. Where do you live?

any idea how to adjust without the touch screen my deal mis located owners manual

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
any idea how to adjust without the touch screen my deal mis located owners manual
You should be able to reposition the bucket location by adjusting the brass nut which the steering cable runs thru. Do a search on my previous post for pics. There are manuals posted in these posts. Do you search to find them. Good luck.