• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 12" Connext / Fusion Sirius Ready?

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So tomorrow we will be the proud new owners of a new 2019 242 Limited S E-Series boat payment and I already have a list of mods/upgrades lined up, one being adding SiriusXM. I have searched every thread in here as to not repeat an existing thread discussion but everything discussed is pretty much pre 2017. So the 2019's have the Fusion system. Does anyone know if the 12" Connext/Fusion system is SiriusXM ready? Can I just buy the receiver and antenna and be in business? Thanks.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the app on my phone and use the Bluetooth on the boat.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the app as well and was considering that option. My only concern is boating in areas with weak cell reception. I would like to have the satellite fed setup just for the best signal reliability.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So if anyone reading this is interested and has the same question, here is what I have found so far having now gotten my hands on the actual boat. The Fusion control head at the rear swim deck is the MS-RA70N, which was the current model of that line when Yamaha was building the 2019 models last year. This model of the head unit has no SiriusXM ready input ability. So, I'm out of luck unless I do some sort of Aux-input. Since I am a fan of hardwiring and as much total integration as possible this is no bueno for me. Since then, within the last few months actually, Fusion released the MS-RA70NSX (SiriusXM ready). I called Fusion customer service directly today. This newer version is the exact same control head, completely, except it replaced the spot for the "ACC" plug in the back with an "XSM Tuner" plug-in. The new head unit is ONLY compatible with the SiriusXM SXV300 tuner, yet the representative said that they highly recommend using a "Marine" quality antenna instead of the automotive model antenna that usually comes with SXV300 Tuner. The discussion of these antennas is already a part of a few other threads on here so I will not repeat all those. With this all said, if you really want seamless integration (like me) and are willing to pay for the new control head ($250-$300), you can literally just pull the stock receiver out, unplug the connections, plug the new one in (with the new tuner plugged in of course), and band-a-bing, you're in business. No cutting, no drilling, and no rewiring.

Now on to looking at VHF radios, that Lowrance Link-9 looks purdy nice.

Marine Entertainment System with Bluetooth & NMEA 2000 | Fusion Entertainment

Marine Entertainment System with NMEA 2000 & SiriusXM-Ready™ | Fusion Entertainment

MS-RA70N.png
MS-RA70NSX.png

LakeGuyNE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212 Ltd S
I installed the SV300 in the back of the RA70NSX.
I have activated the SiriusXM 3 month Free Trail.
I am able to change to different SiriusXM channels using the radio head.
I was told the ONLY way to control the SiriusXM is via the Fusion App
I installed the App and I can switch between different sources (AM/FM).
I get sound from AM/FM but NO SOUND from the SiriusXM.

Since the Connext ONLY functions with the AM/FM sources I "assume" I have to use the Fusion App to control the SiriusXM features.

Questions:
1. Am I suppose to Pair my Smartphone with the RA70NSX?
2. I see a BT option, but no menu for Pairing.

What am I doing wrong?

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212 Ltd S

Since the Connext ONLY functions with the AM/FM sources I "assume" I have to use the Fusion App to control the SiriusXM features.

Questions:

What am I doing wrong?
Sorry, was out on the lake all weekend. Yes you need to pair your bluetooth smart device to the RA70NSX. You can connect it via the control head OR the touch screen on the dash. I don’t have the manual or the boat near me to talk you through it right now. I was able to do it without the manual though, I just played around until I figured it out. If you do it through the Connext screen I think it you push the little “i” button, but I might be remembering it wrong. You do need to have the app downloaded first regardless. As far as the SiriusXM functionality I can not help there, I haven’t pulled the trigger on this mod yet. I have just been using the SiriusXM app on my phone and linking it to the Fusion via Bluetooth. I wanted to see if it worked first, and it is, to save money.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
try setting the region to USA in the headunit. SETTINGS > Tuner Region > USA

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Since I just installed this unit in my boat this past weekend, I have finally used the bluetooth app that pairs with the unit. It's both GREAT and limiting, especially in the SIRIUS department. Again, set the TUNER region to USA. Post a screenshot of either the app or the head unit if you are still unsuccessful getting sound.

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212 Ltd S

Questions:

What am I doing wrong?
I installed the sxv3001 module yesterday. It worked, got sound to play. Used it for one trip. Shut the engine off to fuel and on the trip back there is no sound from the SiriusXM. I tried using the app, radio, even took the radio back out and reattached the module thinking it may have come loose. Still nothing

Attachments

nf22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the bluetooth app that pairs the radio head to the phone? I was advised about it on my initial set up with the dealer but never downloaded it. I have simply been pairing my phone directly to the boat and I am able to stream all of my music & I would like to say including my Sirius app as well, but its been a couple of weeks since I have been on the boat to know for sure.
Are there any specific reasons that you need to app or controls that it gives you that you cannot do with the mouse or touchscreen?

Thanx !!

FrankC2208

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the iOS app link

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do the 2018s have this fusion system?

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do the 2018s have this fusion system?
Yep. Using this app totally transformed the system in my boat. You can change the sub crossover point (originally set to 50hz). You can also increase the sub level. With the crossover set to 80hz and sub level set to 24, I now really enjoy listening to the system. Super easy!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Huh. Gonna have to look into that

dsppage

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if anyone reading this is interested and has the same question, here is what I have found so far having now gotten my hands on the actual boat. The Fusion control head at the rear swim deck is the MS-RA70N, which was the current model of that line when Yamaha was building the 2019 models last year. This model of the head unit has no SiriusXM ready input ability. So, I'm out of luck unless I do some sort of Aux-input. Since I am a fan of hardwiring and as much total integration as possible this is no bueno for me. Since then, within the last few months actually, Fusion released the MS-RA70NSX (SiriusXM ready). I called Fusion customer service directly today. This newer version is the exact same control head, completely, except it replaced the spot for the "ACC" plug in the back with an "XSM Tuner" plug-in. The new head unit is ONLY compatible with the SiriusXM SXV300 tuner, yet the representative said that they highly recommend using a "Marine" quality antenna instead of the automotive model antenna that usually comes with SXV300 Tuner. The discussion of these antennas is already a part of a few other threads on here so I will not repeat all those. With this all said, if you really want seamless integration (like me) and are willing to pay for the new control head ($250-$300), you can literally just pull the stock receiver out, unplug the connections, plug the new one in (with the new tuner plugged in of course), and band-a-bing, you're in business. No cutting, no drilling, and no rewiring.

Now on to looking at VHF radios, that Lowrance Link-9 looks purdy nice.

Marine Entertainment System with Bluetooth & NMEA 2000 | Fusion Entertainment

Marine Entertainment System with NMEA 2000 & SiriusXM-Ready™ | Fusion Entertainment

View attachment 87753
View attachment 87754
Have the same boat and ordering the SXV300v1 from Amazon soon, where did you mount the antenna and run the wire? Also, is the head unit difficult to remove? I don't see any visible screws or anything.
Thanks,

Stanfna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length