• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 212s Stereo Upgrade

kupper4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wanted to share my instal as I’ve not seen much info out here for DIY-ers

2020 Yamaha 212s

Factory:
Fusion RA70 NEMA in swim deck
Connext touch screen
Polk DB 655 x4 in the cabin
Polk DB 522 x2 on swim deck.
NO amps
No Tower Speakers

Upgrades:
Fusion NRX 300
Wet Sounds Tower Speakers, Icon 8’s x2
Wet Sounds HTX2
Wet Sounds HTX6
Kicker Ground Distribution block
Kicker Distribution Block
FUSION Wire Harness f/ MS-RA670 MS-RA770 Stereo - Zone 1 2 (B Port-RCA) [010-12812-01] × 1
FUSION Power/Speaker Wire Harness f/MS-RA70

Mounted Amps in Port side stern under seat on custom Amp rack made of 1/2” HDPE. Epoxy was used to glue mount pads to hull for safe screwing.

Had to upgrade wire harness on Fusion to add preamps. Also needed new gasket. FUSION MS-RA70 Mounting Gasket [S00-00522-19]

Had to run new speaker wires to rear cabin speakers to split them off from the swim deck speakers as they were in series wiring at 8ohm. Coupled factory connections to isolate swim deck speakers to be on their own.

Factory Connext system will not properly control zone balance and need to add Fusion wired remote. Basically, The Zone 1 and 2 sync to be equal with any volume adjustment.

HTX2 runs Icon 8 towers.
HTX6 Runs factory Polk’s

4 gage Tinned wire supplies distribution blocks and 6 gage to the amps. Battery cables USA supplied pre made custom wire.

So far the factory POLK’s are okay.. so ordered 2 pair of Wet Sound Rev 6’s and 1 pair of Recon 5’s to finish off the upgrade. Pictures to follow.

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

2020 Yamaha 212s

Factory:
Connext touch screen
NO amps
No Tower Speakers

Upgrades:
Fusion NRX 300
Wet Sounds HTX2
Wet Sounds HTX6
FUSION Wire Harness f/ MS-RA670 MS-RA770 Stereo - Zone 1 2 (B Port-RCA) [010-12812-01] × 1

Mounted Amps in Port side stern under seat on custom Amp rack made of 1/2” HDPE. Epoxy was used to glue mount pads to hull for safe screwing.

Had to upgrade wire harness on Fusion to add preamps. Also needed new gasket. FUSION MS-RA70 Mounting Gasket [S00-00522-19]

Had to run new speaker wires to rear cabin speakers to split them off from the swim deck speakers as they were in series wiring at 8ohm. Coupled factory connections to isolate swim deck speakers to be on their own.

Factory Connext system will not properly control zone balance and need to add Fusion wired remote. Basically, The Zone 1 and 2 sync to be equal with any volume adjustment.

HTX2 runs Icon 8 towers.
HTX6 Runs factory Polk’s

4 gage Tinned wire supplies distribution blocks and 6 gage to the amps. Battery cables USA supplied pre made custom wire.

So far the factory POLK’s are okay.. so ordered 2 pair of Wet Sound Rev 6’s and 1 pair of Recon 5’s to finish off the upgrade. Pictures to follow.
Have the same two amps and the Icon 8's hope to be installing them soon. I also have the top harness, what is the bottom harness for?

kupper4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have the same two amps and the Icon 8's hope to be installing them soon. I also have the top harness, what is the bottom harness for?
To have a spare set of wires for the hookup of the Fusion. Incase something went wrong.. lol.

I didn’t end up using it.

By the way.. you will need to cut all of the factory speaker wires off of that harness and extend them from the swim deck to wherever you put the amps. I sealed all of the cuts with Shrink tube. That’s Less the rear cabin speakers that will require new runs to break them off off the swim deck circuit. Otherwise you will be overloading the amp at 8 ohms. You end up with no speaker wires connected to the fusion. Just Pre-Amps

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
To have a spare set of wires for the hookup of the Fusion. Incase something went wrong.. lol.

I didn’t end up using it.

By the way.. you will need to cut all of the factory speaker wires off of that harness and extend them from the swim deck to wherever you put the amps. I sealed all of the cuts with Shrink tube. That’s Less the rear cabin speakers that will require new runs to break them off off the swim deck circuit. Otherwise you will be overloading the amp at 8 ohms. You end up with no speaker wires connected to the fusion. Just Pre-Amps
Not sure I understand all that but will figure it out or reach out to the forum for help when the time comes.

kupper4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update.

Recon 5’s do not match the mounting holes of the previous swim deck speakers. Had to epoxy the old holes and drill new ones. Unfortunately the holes were not covered by the new Recon’s. In the off season I may need to get these professionally filled.

Revo 6’s had a similar issue on 3 out of the 4. Less of an issue as these did cover up.

kupper4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If Anyone is looking for replacement speakers, the Polk’s are for sale!! 4x 6.5’s and 2x 5.25’s

Polk DB’s

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If Anyone is looking for replacement speakers, the Polk’s are for sale!! 4x 6.5’s and 2x 5.25’s

Polk DB’s
Did you add a sub? How do the new speakers sound without the towers? Any chance you could of fit the 6.5’s on the rear since the 5.25’s don’t sound like a great fit?

kupper4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No Sub don’t want to cut a big hole. And too much to invest into another (3rd Amp.)

Cabin only sounds great. I’m pleased even not having an amp. It’s loud and good sound quality.

As for deck speakers, I’m sure 6.5 would work but you’d have to open holes up.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

2020 Yamaha 212s

Factory:
Connext touch screen
NO amps
No Tower Speakers

Upgrades:
Fusion NRX 300
Wet Sounds HTX2
Wet Sounds HTX6

HTX2 runs Icon 8 towers.
HTX6 Runs factory Polk’s

I like your amp boards. Think I’ll use that trick for my 3rd amp!

kupper4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like your amp boards. Think I’ll use that trick for my 3rd amp!
it was a project to make as that plastic is a little challenging to work with. It’s slippery and requires special Epoxy

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
it was a project to make as that plastic is a little challenging to work with. It’s slippery and requires special Epoxy
Is that starboard? In the past- I have epoxied a piece of wood painted with flex seal to the internal fiberglass and used that to screw the starboard into.

kupper4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s an equivalent. From McMaster Carr