• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212 limited S garage height requirements

Splicer12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so in not sure if this topic has been discussed already! Im planning on picking up a new Yamaha 212 limited S next week and l'd like to make sure I can fit in my 95" garage door opening? I know theres mods available regarding the retention straps, the dealer is no help. Also wondering how wide and long the boat is on its trailer. The garage is 28 feet deep. Thanks everyone!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can adjust the stops on the retention cables pretty easily if you are small enough to contort yourself in the compartments. The stop is just a large washer on a bolt. You'll have an inch or two in room on the bolt from the factory. If you need more, you can completely remove the stop and put something in the boat to support the tower, or couple another bolt and add the stop washer to use the cables.

The boat beam is 8'6" and I don't think the trailer adds anything to that. 28' is plenty deep.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess the Limited S tower is a little taller folded than the standard AR210 tower. Mine comes in right around 8' folded stock, and I adjusted the cable stops to give me an inch of wiggle room. You'll probably need to either extend the cables with a longer bolt or completely remove the washers to get the tower below the windshield.

Splicer12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I remove the washers for the retaining straps, Im wondering if I'll need to do anything else to the trailer, like install a caster or user a power dolly? My opening is exactly 95"

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think so. The height on trailer for the 212 limited is well under 95" and I think if you completely drop the tower down below the windshield you'll be around the same height as that. The only thing is the tower base sticks up as it's lowered so I am not sure if that would stick up above the windshield line. Even if it does I don't think it be more than a few inches which you would have to spare.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm very interested in the 212 limited myself with similar concerns of height. What is the actual hight at the tallest point? Not many non tower 212's on this site it seems. I would love to squeeze one of these In my garage instead of a 195.

Splicer12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm very interested in the 212 limited myself with similar concerns of height. What is the actual hight at the tallest point? Not many non tower 212's on this site it seems. I would love to squeeze one of these In my garage instead of a 195.
Hard to get a measurement but it seems that the windshield is just over 90". I didn't measure the the length but if you look in the pictures, my garage is @30' feet deep. I got @5' extra

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It’s listed on Yamaha”website.

4A90DEDB-2756-4296-BE1D-3B50DA09E5F3.png

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hard to get a measurement but it seems that the windshield is just over 90". I didn't measure the the length but if you look in the pictures, my garage is @30' feet deep. I got @5' extra
If you dropped the tongue down, how low do you think your windshield would be?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you dropped the tongue down, how low do you think your windshield would be?
I couldn't get my SX210 into my 7' high garage....I installed the caster wheel and dropped the tongue down but it was a beast to try and manually push and quickly realized I would need to install an 8' high garage door. My garage door opening is on a gable end so it was relatively easy to do. I couldn't imagine trying to lower the tongue and push it into the garage every outing. I think I was really only able gain 2" or 3" by dropping the tongue and putting it on a 4" caster wheel.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I couldn't get my SX210 into my 7' high garage....I installed the caster wheel and dropped the tongue down but it was a beast to try and manually push and quickly realized I would need to install an 8' high garage door. My garage door opening is on a gable end so it was relatively easy to do. I couldn't imagine trying to lower the tongue and push it into the garage every outing. I think I was really only able gain 2" or 3" by dropping the tongue and putting it on a 4" caster wheel.
I was hoping a trailer valet would get it low enough. Looks like its a 195S from me.