• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212x Dash

dmincheff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking to add a separate GPS but our boat is in storage (Yay Wisconsin weather) Can someone with a 2019-20 21‘ measure the space where the phone holder is located? I’m thinking I could get a 7” unit there and am looking at a Garmin UHD 73sv while they are on sale. Not worried about routing it in to the dash but it could be something to do in the future. Tried an iPad with Navonics but the screen wasn’t bright enough. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

JimJr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212X. I’ll measure the space. Curious why you aren’t satisfied with the stock GPS

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212X. I’ll measure the space. Curious why you aren’t satisfied with the stock GPS
I'm thinking of doing this as well - stock GPS is basic in design and, even with updating the maps online, still gives minimum information. It's also laggy to jump between GPS and other screens.

dmincheff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great Thank you!

As for why (beyond the need to constantly tinker with the boat), the lakes we are on mainly the Eagle River / Three Lakes Chain and Winnebago to Fremont go from 30 FT to zero fairly quick and I want something a little more responsive and with the ability to store markers. Plus we are planning on venturing up the shore line in Door County and hopefully run over the Apostle Islands this summer. I figure we can keep the Yamaha screen on other boat info.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Great Thank you!

As for why (beyond the need to constantly tinker with the boat), the lakes we are on mainly the Eagle River / Three Lakes Chain and Winnebago to Fremont go from 30 FT to zero fairly quick and I want something a little more responsive and with the ability to store markers. Plus we are planning on venturing up the shore line in Door County and hopefully run over the Apostle Islands this summer. I figure we can keep the Yamaha screen on other boat info.
'Sconnie here - yes it's a good idea to have maps out for that Freemont run, those lakes can be crazy shallow. Where's home base? We're in Point.

dmincheff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
'Sconnie here - yes it's a good idea to have maps out for that Freemont run, those lakes can be crazy shallow. Where's home base? We're in Point.
We are in Appleton so we put in at Jefferson in Menasha, at least until mid July then it get too slimy, then we usually head to Winneconne.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We are in Appleton so we put in at Jefferson in Menasha, at least until mid July then it get too slimy, then we usually head to Winneconne.
Last time we made a trip to that area I saw more Yamaha boats than I/O's I think - it was nuts!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

dmincheff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@dmincheff While the stock maps can be updated and work fine, I wanted to be able to view the map and other boating info at the same time, so I bought a Raymarine Axiom 7 to put in the dash where the phone holder goes. @suke installed one in this thread and I plan to do the same:

Thanks Suke!
Thank you! I did try searching before posting, but didn't I guess use the right terms. I was thinking I could surface mount it but maybe I'll go for flush mounting seeing how great this one turned out.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you! I did try searching before posting, but didn't I guess use the right terms. I was thinking I could surface mount it but maybe I'll go for flush mounting seeing how great this one turned out.
I don't think he flushed it with the black plastic panel as it isn't that thick and the Axiom 7 is quite heavy. I plan to just cut the hole and surface mount mine. Just to be clear surface mount means it sticks out above the surface, and flush means it's double routed to have the screen flush and even with the panel. I'd like to flush it for looks, but I too think the panel might not be able to support the weight when the panel is routed down. The Axiom panel edge is fairly thick and the panel might not be thick enough to sit flush at all.