• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2019 212X vs 2022 212XE

dlnortonmd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been reading for a while, but first post. I've slowly talked myself into boats with a little more size or power. Started out thinking I would go with a used AR192/195. We have a small family (me, the wife, and two kids aged 10 and 8), but we typically take other families or kids' friends. Starting looking at the AR210/220's, but I had concerns that I would regret not getting more engine and something with a better wake for water sports. I've now settled on a used 212X, and there are several available within a few hours of me. It's come down two, really; a 2019 212X and a 2022 212XE. Both have comparable and relatively low hours and appear to be in great shape. The 2022 comes in only $5000 higher, which is making me lean that way, but I suspect I could negotiate a little more on price.

My questions are this: what improvements were made from 2019 to 2022? Would you have any concerns about either model year? What would you consider normal depreciation to compare prices; for example, would $9000 less for a 3 year older boat be a reasonable estimation?

Appreciate the help!

I happen to have both the 2019 and 2022 brochures from Yamaha. The 2022 is missing a dozen or so pages (which happen to be the 25fts and the 21 wake series). I also tried searching online, but was unsuccessful

I scanned in the 2019 212X and the 2022 212SE, and attempted to attach the 2021 brochure, but was greeted with - The uploaded file is too large for the server to process, but I can share this screen snipped from 2021...

1693232581525.png

2019 Top, 2022 Bottom
1693232844893.png
Couple of comments, you can use NADA as a tool to price out the two different boats. Also, some would say buy the 2019 as its a pre-covid boat, and there were issues to everything from sourcing parts, to maintaining skilled labor during the covid years. If you are picking up the boat from a private seller, perhaps they can tell you what "bugs" they worked through (lose rails, speakers not properly wired, etc). There is also a thread on here about defects in the gel-coat that impacted a production run during 2021-22 if I recall.

Attachments

Back