• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242X and LS eSeries Safety Recall

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
26 hours my first summer with the 242x, no issues.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
26 hours my first summer with the 242x, no issues.
I haven’t checked hours, but I’m probably at 40. No computer or mechanical issues. Loving the boat.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow, you actually went through the "what if scenario" I posted in another thread titled "15 minute connext reset". Glad you're safe.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't actually tested this, but I been putting 2 and 2 together and it sounds like if we make sure our steering wheel is straight ahead and the levers are in neutral, then we can shut the boat down by the push buttons first and then the key. This will keep the errors away at start up. It seems the electronics are too sensitive and the errors pop up if a mechanical component is not in perfect position.

Cigarlaw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I sued them last week in United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (Frank Herrera v. Riva Motorsports and Yamaha et al). They offered to buy the boat back after we sent them notice of the lawsuit but did not offer reimbursement for out of pocket costs. They have been on notice of this defect since March 2019. I could simply accept their offer, but I haven't had 1 problem free trip in the 8 months that I've owned it, and like you, have had some close calls because of the "limp mode/slow speed" that occurs after BCU warning.