• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2019 AR195 Broken Dipstick

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wow, what started out as a exciting day to get the boat ready for a Saturday boat trip, turned into a headache! After running the boat for the first time since it’s gotten cold here, I decided I should check the oil to see how she looked after the issue with the grit I had before. As I pulled on the dipstick, it broke!
Trying every tool I had in my garage, I decided to buy a magnet and the longest needle nose pliers I could find. The magnet didn’t work, not enough surface area and the pliers would not go deep enough into the hole. So I filed them with by belt sander until I got them small enough to fit. I also had to grind down the thickness so I could get behind the broken dipstick to grab it and pull it out! So glad I was able to get that out, otherwise I would have had to take it to the dealership 80 miles away!
Has anyone else had this happen? That seems really bad that they would make a part that cheap. Comments?

yes I just unbolted the tube from the engine and removed it , made a new dip stick , replaced the gasket and bolted it all back in place it was not any fun though. you could probably have used forceps.

I saw the screw on the side and at the bottom it had some kind of clap, I couldn’t see it from the top. I had no idea how I would get to that without taking a bunch of things off. I hope this is not going to happen often! Just ordered a new one!

Over the years I have had to make my own tube also I used soft copper tubing and had to make a top bracket that holds the tube in place to the side of the block and I made the dip stick from an automotive one and even made a rubber seal that goes on the outside of the tube rather than on the inside.

never had any other issues with any other 1800 engines previous or current

I ordered a new one and o ring yesterday. I couldn’t believe it was in stock. Partzilla is where I order from. Thanks for your quick response!

I have 2016 ar190 and I just broke my 2nd dip stick and when it was still under warranty I broke the bracket at the top of the motor. I don't think that I'm going to be making a whole dip stick set up but I was thinking of putting rubber washers on the bolt that holds the dip stick to the engine to absorb some vibrations. has any one come up with a fix other than making a complete new set up?

Back