• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR195 Review by Jet Boat Pilot

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He always makes great videos!

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don't see any snaps on the floor. Does that mean the factory no longer offers a flooring system?

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yamaha site still shows "SNAP-IN MARINE-GRADE WOVEN FLOOR MAT". Maybe the video was right before seadek was going to be installed.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm confused how the flush hook up works since the motor shuts off when the hatch is open??

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused how the flush hook up works since the motor shuts off when the hatch is open??
That's a good question!
But, the wet storage area now has large drain channels at each end of the storage area. My guess is they simply have you lay the hose in that channel, then close the hatch.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a good question!
But, the wet storage area now has large drain channels at each end of the storage area. My guess is they simply have you lay the hose in that channel, then close the hatch.
Makes sense. I forgot they added those.

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So good to have a guy like Will and his JetBoatPilot company putting in the effort to bring a better product to market. I am very interested in seeing how the boat performs on the water with the enhancements to the haul and thruster. Especially interested in seeing the 2019 compared to Will's own modified 19ft.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
He said in the video that it can use regular gas. Does this mean it now has a knock sensor and can limit boost when not on premium?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
These and all supercharged Yamaha are equipped with knock sensors.

Rick Russler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sam - That's important to know. Do you mean all years with superchargers?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Sam - That's important to know. Do you mean all years with superchargers?
That's right. All supercharged Yamaha boats have a knock sensor.

vtec63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
So if needed you can run 87 octane in a 195 without damaging anything and only take a performance hit?

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So if needed you can run 87 octane in a 195 without damaging anything and only take a performance hit?
Some people say so BUT the manual clearly says that the minimum octane fuel you should use is 91 and that low-octane gasoline "can seriously damage the engine." That's for 2018. The 2019 manual is not out yet.

Rick Russler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I keep a couple cans of octane booster on the boat for emergencies. Hopefully the knock sensor helps the engine adjust to whatever octane level I achieve.

Rick Russler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can I ask what brand? Is it safe for our engines? Thinking of trying.
I use MaxBoost by Royal Purple. There are several other good brands and several brands that are useless. Do some research to find others. The good stuff is not cheap, so I only use when I can’t get no-ethanol Premium.

I haven’t done any personal testing, but there are others on the site who probably have. Based on the reading I have done, it won’t hurt your engine if used as intended.

Roger.P

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's a channel on the side where you run the hose, a little weird, but I guess it works...