• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR195 Ribbon delete

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes. It is possible. RIVA makes a kit special for 2019-2020. Is it worth it? It does not make enough difference on SVHO as it does on a non supercharged version. I personally wouldn't do it again.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes. It is possible. RIVA makes a kit special for 2019-2020. Is it worth it? It does not make enough difference on SVHO as it does on a non supercharged version. I personally wouldn't do it again.
This seems to be the concensus - the supercharger produces a forced air intake so removing the ribbon doesn't make much difference as the air is rammed into the intake system. On a normally aspirated engine where natural vacuum is used for air intake, the ribbon causes a drop in air flow. Removing the ribbon allows smoother air flow which adds some air/fuel mix for added power.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I did the ribbon delete on my 2015 192 supercharged engine. Glad I did. Hole shots were so much better and also benefited from heat soak (living in FL). After removing it, rpms would jump to 7800 and stayed there. As noted, didn't do anything for top end. My wife and I, I typically hit 48mph, with people 38-42. I would do it again.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did the ribbon delete on my 2015 192 supercharged engine. Glad I did. Hole shots were so much better and also benefited from heat soak (living in FL). After removing it, rpms would jump to 7800 and stayed there. As noted, didn't do anything for top end. My wife and I, I typically hit 48mph, with people 38-42. I would do it again.
I understand the older supercharged system had a smaller intercooler and perhaps less boost pressure, and was more prone to heat soak, so removing the ribbon may have helped more? Perhaps the delete on the newer systems has less of an effect?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You have a point. I too swapped my intercooler for a larger one. I am by far not an expert on the subject. My brain tells me anything restricting airflow has an affect on performance. Maybe they "somehow" compensated, IDK. I'd say if you go WOT from idling speed and it does not peg the rpms, than there is room for improvement. The ribbon delete removal may help.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just to clarify, I did feel a difference. Just not enough for all the work involved. Like I said, not an easy job as 2018 and prior. 2019 / 2020, now has to be cut out and of course, cleaned up. (shavings)

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How hard is it to get to on the Supercharged engines? Mine is 2018 so no need for cutting but I have heard from people that getting to it is a pain on SC engines.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The intake manifold needs to come off to do it. There is a good video by PWC Muscle that shows how to do it on a SVHO jet ski. Basically the same for the boat.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey guys, I started to perform the ribbon delete and started getting suspicious about mine since the manifold looks plastic. Does this mean it also is one piece and needs to be cutout? See image this is 2018.

Attachments

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don't believe 2018 needs to be cut out. 2019 + does.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any way to tell without pulling the entire manifold off?

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don't think so. Like I said, as far as I am aware, only 2019 + needs to be cut out. Maybe try looking at the parts diagram to see if it is sold separately. The 2019 is one piece. (Not sold separately). Good Luck.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
After doing some more research I am pretty certain mine is the new style that needs to be cut out. Which was a surprise to me also since I thought only 2019 and later were this style for boats (2018 and later for pwc though).

Not sure cutting it out if it’s worth that to me to be honest. Would need to disconnect the fuel rail and I am not sure that is a good idea given my limited skill set on engines. Also would not be reversible obviously. Guess I will leave it in for now until I get even more courage to attempt. :)

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That is good. Yes, If it was the SVHO, you would have to cut it out. It is a big PITA. I think you will feel more of a difference then on the SVHO.