• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR195 Stereo Replacement...Thoughts or ideas?

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Okie doke gang. After a year of dinkin around with the stock setup, ive decided to junk the "obsolete before i bought the boat" Clarion gr10bt head unit. A little backstory for ya. When i bought the boat i immediately went to hitting the source button and low and behold no siriusxm(my fault for not asking ahead of time. I assumed in 2019 it would be state of the art ffs). Theres not alotta cell coverage on Norris so streaming was out. After googling that maybe i could add the sirius SXV300 setup to it...no deal. The unit itself was discontinued before my boat was built so WTF Yamaha. Luckily i had an old car unit in the garage from years ago(i packrat everything cuz you just never know). Bought a power adapter to wire in behind the fuse and a rca to 3.5mm cable to connect it via aux input from radio. Stashed under the dash in the r/s compartment out of the way and whalla, Satellite Radio. My insulated cup covers the stock head unit so its kind of a pain on where they put it anyways.

Anywho, tired of that setup and wanted to replace it and also add a remote on the transom so i bought these with the premise i might add a 3rd set of speakers in the rear also some day down the road.

Fusion MS-RA670 Radio
Fusion MS-NRX300 Remote
SiriusXM SXV300V1 Satellite Adapter

I figured ill leave the stock head unit in the dash, or find something to put over/fill in the hole and put in on the other side of the connext screen. Im gonna remove the phone holder which has never been used at all and cut a hole for the new unit. Good placing for it too.

My question to the electrical/fusion gurus is, is there anything else i will need for the 3 above items to connect to existing wiring other than the cable i have to run to the new remote in the rear?

Also if anyone has any ideas about this setup or the addition of another set of speakers on the rear, please feel free to chime in. Ive learned so much from the small amount of time ive been here with yall. Im always open to new ideas and learnin.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate yall

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I forgot to tag @Hoyt

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would say the best way to connect all of that to your factory wiring is to cut your factory plug off your old unit, and wire that onto new unit. That would be the easiest way. The other way is to just straight wire it eliminating the stock plugs altogether

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would say the best way to connect all of that to your factory wiring is to cut your factory plug off your old unit, and wire that onto new unit. That would be the easiest way. The other way is to just straight wire it eliminating the stock plugs altogether
Awesome man, much appreciated. I try to be as informed as possible before i kick off a big(to me) project like this.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Hoyt Are amps a necessity? I just read the manual on the new radio and in order to get more speakers anywhere in the boat, im gonna need an amp for zone 3 if i read that right?. Forgive my lack of stereo ingenuity. Ive never upgraded stereos much. My truck has a bose system in it so they came stock as good.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt Are amps a necessity? I just read the manual on the new radio and in order to get more speakers anywhere in the boat, im gonna need an amp for zone 3 if i read that right?. Forgive my lack of stereo ingenuity. Ive never upgraded stereos much. My truck has a bose system in it so they came stock as good.
Sorry it took me so long to answer this. Crazy year to say the least for us.

I'm not sure on the adding a amp to create a zone 3. I'm only using the stock 2 zones. However, I can say one great thing about fusion.... Their customer service is great. Unfortunately you'll have to call them to get them to walk you through it

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Hoyt No worries brotha. I know life gets whacky.

Well i decided to just go for it. Along with the initial purchase of below,

Fusion MS-RA670 Radio
Fusion MS-NRX300 Remote

I went ahead and ordered these as well. I figured if im cutting holes, might as well make 2 big ones since this whole project was to pretty much get sound and control at the transom. (plus i seriously hate the obsolete POS stock head unit)

Fusion MS-AM702 20W x 2 Marine Amplifier
Kicker 41KM604W 6-1/2" Marine 2-way Speakers 4-ohm

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt No worries brotha. I know life gets whacky.

Well i decided to just go for it. Along with the initial purchase of below,

Fusion MS-RA670 Radio
Fusion MS-NRX300 Remote

I went ahead and ordered these as well. I figured if im cutting holes, might as well make 2 big ones since this whole project was to pretty much get sound and control at the transom. (plus i seriously hate the obsolete POS stock head unit)

Fusion MS-AM702 20W x 2 Marine Amplifier
Kicker 41KM604W 6-1/2" Marine 2-way Speakers 4-ohm
Check to be sure that the RA670 does power over NMEA2000. Otherwise you will need an NMEA Power Injector to light up that remote. Once installed, there should be a setting on the head unit that turns power on/off over NMEA. The head unit will recognize the remote either way.

I just did an install of the RA70NSX, and it needed a $23 NMEA Power Injector. Crutchfield had a tech note on it from the previous N version of this radio, but failed to pass it along to the new NSX model.

Also, take advantage of the cheap XM subs out there. Like $60/year or $30/6 months. Although, I bet your boating season is much longer than ours. I have the sub labeled "Boat" in my account, so they know I am going to cancel every fall, and re-up every spring. No surprises on either side and they know I am a multi-radio subscriber.

You are going to dig the XM buffering and "tune mix" that lets you create XM mix stations of your favorite XM channels!

Did you consider a sub or two? I would highly recommend that if you were adding an amp.

Good luck!

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@biffdotorg Thats good info man. I did check and it does do power over NMEA, you have to turn it on in the options but it does it.

Ive been with Sirius dam near 15yrs now i think. When i first bought the boat(like a dummy, i didnt check) and tried to get sirius on it, i was pissed cuz the model that came on my brand new just built boat, was obsolete from the factory. I was able to wire in a mobile car unit. Got the marine siriusxm antenna, wired in a power source for it, connected it to the AUX cable, mounted it in the storage under the dash and whalla, had sirius on the boat!! So yeah, its labeled boat and is used a few months outta the year. Streaming isnt really doable on Norris, plus i like my sirius.

I was reading all the great features of this new radio like that xm mix and the buffering and im excited to install it. My truck has that so im stoked to get it on the boat too!!

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
INSTALL UPDATE:

Well i decided to use the old radio side since i really didnt want to stare at a giant hole or non working radio. Now I just need to figure out what to cover the rest of the hole with, The radio is the lowest it can go without exposing top of old hole. Im thinking a sticker or something.

FYI Carbon fiber makes a freaking HUGE mess when you rotozip it, lol. :arghh:

1. Removed old radio and Macguyvered satellite radio setup.
2. Cut pigtail off of old radio and spliced everything together on new pigtail.
3. Cut hole and mount radio.
4. Connect wiring and New Satellite radio. Clean up wiring.
5. Swap out old speakers for new.
6. Installed wireless remote at wife's preferred cruising location and set it to zone 1 (Front Speakers) control only ;)

I ran out of weekend to get everything done. Ive got an amp and 2 more speakers to install behind the seatbacks on the transom for zone 3 setup. I might actually forego the VRX300 Remote and NEMA stuff for another ANT wireless remote. They are handy as hell. You can have up to 5 of them connected and running different zones.

IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0916.jpg
IMG_0917.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg
IMG_0914.jpg
IMG_0909.jpg
Front Speakers and Remote.jpg