• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 Audio Upgrade Planning

Just Phishing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need some help picking components, my plan is to have either 6.5 or 8 in kicker speakers in the stock 4 locations, and add two more at the captain's chairs using a kicker marine 6 channel amp. I know some of you are die hard JL fans, I am not trying to go above 800.00 due to storing my boat outside overnight.

The end goal would be to add some volume and fill and maybe a little bass without a sub or tower .

Tell me if I am wrong, but the way I would rank brands would be.
#1 JL
#2 Wetsounds
#3 Kicker (Best value and quality per $)
#4 Polk
#200 Stock Fusions

Amp
Amazon.com: KICKER 45KMA4506 450w 6-Channel Marine Boat Amplifier 2-ohm+Amp Kit KMA450.6: Gateway

Kicker 6.5
Amazon.com: Pair of Kicker 41KM654CW 6.5" 2-Way Coaxial 4-Ohm Marine/Boat Speakers with 3/4 Inch Titanium Waterproof Tweeters - 95 Watts Peak/65 Watts RMS Each Speaker / 390 Watts Peak/130 Watts RMS Per Pair: Gateway

Kicker 8
Amazon.com: Kicker KM8 8-INCH (200mm) Marine Coaxial Speakerswith 1" tweeters,LED Charcoal and White Grilles,4-OHM: Gateway

Last edited:

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You may look into a different amp if that is your goal, the 8" speakers would be way underpowered by that amp as they are 150W RMS a peice and you'd have an amp that would only give them about 75 watts max bridged.

Even with that amp and the 6.5" speakers they are still going to be a bit underpowered, they want 65W each RMS and that amp is only going to be able to feed them 75w max so you wont have alot of headroom.

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll tell you something. I swapped out the rear channels on my 2018 AR240 from the crappy Marine Audio 6.5's to the New JL M6 650x RGB's, running them on the OEM control module / amp and what a difference. Obviously without adding amperage it wasn't louder, but the details and imaging were incredible. I'll be adding a second set of them at the Helm with a 6 channel amp (likely the M600/6) leaving the bow speakers stock, as we're not up there much and I'll be stoked. Hopefully that adds some insight - cheers and enjoy the build up!!

AR24011

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello im a newbie here. I pick up my 2019 AR240 on May 16th.
I am going with a total of three JL audio packages offered from the dealer.
(2)SBT-JLTRK-60-BK I ordered a total of four 8 inch JL Audio tower speakers each set of 2 comes with an amp. $2,599.
(1)SBT-JLINT-LD-16 Interior package includes one JL audio 10" Sub, and replaces the four interior 6.5" speakers to JL audio with amp $1,889.
The install which includes all new wiring is estimated at $1700.
I am also doing the 20 percent windshield tint for $400. Everything with tax sits at 7K. Ill post pics when I pick it up.
My goal is for good sound quality without distortion. I still have time to change things up if anyone has experience with the JL system any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Just Phishing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You may look into a different amp if that is your goal, the 8" speakers would be way underpowered by that amp as they are 150W RMS a peice and you'd have an amp that would only give them about 75 watts max bridged.

Even with that amp and the 6.5" speakers they are still going to be a bit underpowered, they want 65W each RMS and that amp is only going to be able to feed them 75w max so you wont have alot of headroom.
Good point on the amp, I am no longer looking at the 8 in speakers. I am however considering adding 2 more 6.5s on the swim deck with an 8 channel amp.

I'll tell you something. I swapped out the rear channels on my 2018 AR240 from the crappy Marine Audio 6.5's to the New JL M6 650x RGB's, running them on the OEM control module / amp and what a difference. Obviously without adding amperage it wasn't louder, but the details and imaging were incredible. I'll be adding a second set of them at the Helm with a 6 channel amp (likely the M600/6) leaving the bow speakers stock, as we're not up there much and I'll be stoked. Hopefully that adds some insight - cheers and enjoy the build up!!
Very good, how much will that setup run?

Just Phishing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(2)SBT-JLTRK-60-BK I ordered a total of four 8 inch JL Audio tower speakers each set of 2 comes with an amp. $2,599.
(1)SBT-JLINT-LD-16 Interior package includes one JL audio 10" Sub, and replaces the four interior 6.5" speakers to JL audio with amp $1,889.
I am also doing the 20 percent windshield tint for $400. Everything with tax sits at 7K. Ill post pics when I pick it up.
My goal is for good sound quality without distortion. I still have time to change things up if anyone has experience with the JL system any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks
I have no feedback on the JL side of things, but I hope you get everything setup the way you like.

nf22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Are you adding speaker in the stern as well?

AR24011

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. So the sales pitch is that the "Slam pack" packages sound great and that no changes are needed regarding amp changes. I did specifically ask about needing a different amp. The manager in charge of install's assured me that these "Slam Pack" packages put together were outstanding and that I did not need to waste money on a different amp. So the question is does anyone have a slam pack installed and were the amps provided with the slam packs sufficient?
I was not planning on having the dealer make any cuts to add additional speakers to the stern at this time nf22.

Im in the process of reading through forum posts on the slam packs that search feature is handy.

Last edited:

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very good, how much will that setup run?
$519 a pair for the speakers so $1020 and $600 for the amp, plus wiring. I plan on doing all the work myself. It will take me a lot longer, but I’ll save at least $1k in labor.