• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 FL Keys trip (Hawks Cay Resort)

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info.

Sounds like I need to add GPS and VHF to the boat before I make the trip.

The water looks amazing there, and I think Hawks Cay Resort might be the right value level for us. Nice enough to be really nice, but not so nice as to be overly expensive. Looks like (from satellite view anyway) they have a sand beach around the lagoon there. So that would probably be enough beach for her.

Maybe this year we'll fly into Key West and just rent a boat for a few days instead of bringing our own. See what it's like out there.
Take the jet ski tour there it is awesome. And will give you a good feel for running a boat there. At the end of Duval Street at the Ocean Key Resort they have a JetSki tour. Nice place to stay if you have some extra spare change.
I like the Knowles house B an B nice if you like old houses. Crowne plaza is in the middle of Duval street, also nice. I would say the Casa Marina is on par with the ocean key resort but is a bit removed from Duval Street.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Take the jet ski tour there it is awesome. And will give you a good feel for running a boat there. At the end of Duval Street at the Ocean Key Resort they have a JetSki tour. Nice place to stay if you have some extra spare change.
I like the Knowles house B an B nice if you like old houses. Crowne plaza is in the middle of Duval street, also nice. I would say the Casa Marina is on par with the ocean key resort but is a bit removed from Duval Street.
Lots of jet ski tours available. Felt bad for the guides we watched them dive in to clear weeds for several skis that got stranded when we were there in June.

We met the tiki bar boat out on a sandbar off Stock Island. There is one docked in Hurricane Hole. Looked like a blast.

768C5E67-9C66-4520-A06F-D05026BD26D9.jpeg

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Sounds like another great area to check out!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could spend a week in the keys on boat each year for 4 or 5 years and not run out of new stuff to see or do.

Cant wait for oct to head back to key largo.