• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 FSH Super Magnum AK-19 Deluxe Review

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On 3 May I added steering control to our boat. My test drive took more than a week due to ongoing projects.

Called Jeff and he talked me thru which holes in the outer fins to set it up with. Wasn't too bad to install on the lift.

I only dropped a single allen wrench into the river. It took about an hour with me doing everything via kayak under the lift.

The day began nice but wind was starting to pick up as I was finishing.

PXL_20220503_173708055.jpg
Quick follow-up. I was able to get the boat out for a few minutes earlier this week on the 22nd of May before the storm rolled in.

Holy crap.... I now have directional control at low speeds and the wander is gone while up on plane. I will leave the fangs on the current setting based on todays performance. I could probably go down one more slot but happy with the handling now

No more fighting the boat for directional control. We brought the dogs out and I had to maneuver beside the dock to get them on/off the boat. Dock was rebuilt during the winter and I haven't added the stepping board beside the lift yet. Doggos wont make the jump like they used to last year.

I was able to pivot the boat around the corner and into the lift after getting the dogs out. I couldn't do that maneuver last year on the first try lol. No overcorrecting needed.

Definitely a +++ to the handling of the boat.

Bronx happy to be there.jpg

Thank you Jeff

Last edited: