• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Nozzle and plate fit a 2017?

adubs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Possibly looking to upgrade my 2017 with the re-designed 2019 nozzle and plate. Wondering if anyone has tried this out? Looks like the 2019 setup deflects thrust in reverse better.

Nozzle is # 28

and the plate is # 20

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Why not just use JetBoatPilot's lateral thrusters? They work phenomenally well, I'd be surprised if the new nozzles are better at all.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya another vote for the lateral thrusters here. They work great.

adubs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why not just use JetBoatPilot's lateral thrusters? They work phenomenally well, I'd be surprised if the new nozzles are better at all.
I do have the reverse thruster from JBP and I just removed it. When I installed it last season it was my first time out for the year so I really didn't have a good reference as to how it preformed compared to stock. It really didn't seem or feel much different, so I just removed the reverse thruster and tried without for more of a "back to back" comparison. In all honesty, in my experience the stock set-up works better. As I look through the thrust nozzle it just looks to me there is too much material that is in the way of where the thrust is directed. The reverse thrusters have relatively small inlets and outlets to funnel & re-direct the thrust, and I'm sure a good amount of flow just goes right by the reverse thrust flow and disrupts it further.

I know JBP did a lot of work on it and commend them for their commitment to Yamaha and the upgrades they provide us as consumers, so I'm not throwing stones here it's just I don't feel it's as good as stock in my experience.

Now, with the new 2019 nozzle having been re-designed for more lateral directed reverse thrust and the angled up ride plate, visually to me it looks like it will do an even better job of controlling reverse. That being said, If anyone is interested in my JBP reverse thruster send me a PM.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Possibly looking to upgrade my 2017 with the re-designed 2019 nozzle and plate. Wondering if anyone has tried this out? Looks like the 2019 setup deflects thrust in reverse better.

Nozzle is # 28
View attachment 103599

and the plate is # 20

View attachment 103600
The problem is all those new parts are on back order, aren’t they? Not clear on availability dates.

I’m very interested in upgrading the pump but waiting for more info, so I hope you will keep us posted on your progress.

In the meantime I may install small lateral thruster nozzles in my twin reverse buckets, but that’s for another thread, lol.

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
When 2019s just hit last year I took ton of pics and gathered all the part numbers etc to my dealer. The price for all the parts was well past $1000 and I had no way to know if the new split bucket would do that much. Have you drove a 19 to see the difference?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just received my 2019 nozzle and reverse gate after waiting for close to a year . I did see a lot of other different part numbers on the parts breakdown as I mentioned months ago however I had a customer who purchased a boat setup with the newer nozzles and reverse buckets , do not know how it performed though I learned of it when I sent him steering for his model boat and it did not fit , when he sent me the pictures of the nozzles I learned why so I had to change the order to fit a 2019 model nozzles .

dtex2220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to bring up an old topic. I’m looking to up grade from a 07 SX210 to a 242x. Found a nice 2017, however see a lot of “upgrades” in the 2018 and 2019 nozzle design for improvements. Will the 2019 improved components fit a 2017? Thanks to all!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you replace the nozzle and the reverse bucket "sort of pricey" and then you only help the reverse side thrust. I have super steering and mega fang plus upgrade that will improve the existing setup and not only provide better steering in forward and reverse it will increase the reverse POWER for backing in wind and waves plus improve the steering at all speeds even allow you to turn with no thrust as well as get rid of the bow wander and the loss of speed in turns plus allow you to make turns with NO thrust and that entire setup for the 2017 boat is only $689.99 and free domestic shipping , plus the second tie rod and the top fins for even more control in forward and reverse at slow speeds. Cobra Super MAGNUM AK and Super MAGNUM AK DELUXE Series for Yamaha Articulating Keel Boats here are a couple videos
great for guest operators and water sport activities also