• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Scarab 195id steering cable

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
2019 Scarab 195id with only 26hours, Steering wheel wont turn easily. Took cable off at pump and behind helm. Just out of warranty but still under 5 year extended, Im sure its a not covered item. Anyone know of a part number .

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. SBT cable did the trick. Luckily I live nearby and picked one up locally. The oem one was 129 dollars but cycle springs said its backordered and no ETA. So for now I payed for the SBT one but it looks identical.

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Did you install the SBT 27-3120? Did it work well? I have a 2019 195G, and my steering seems to be getting somewhat harder to turn.....

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I just thought that this was interesting, so I thought that I’d share. My steering cable has felt a bit stiff on occasion recently, so I’m thinking that I might have to replace it at some point. I also noticed some drip marks and staining under the steering wheel area, and at the time was wondering where that was coming from. Then I saw the post below about water dripping on a Sugar Sand boater’s foot at the steering station. He concluded that the water was coming up the steering cable to the steering station. It seems surprising that the water could climb about 3 feet up the steering cable incline to that point on my boat, but it does seem like that’s the case. When in reverse, the reverse bucket may force water against the steering cable seal. Unfortunately, at the steering wheel end the water drips onto the throttle cable, which can cause a bit of confusion, but there is discoloration at the end of the steering cable sleeve and splatter droplets that you can see in the image on the fiberglass above the throttle cable. Salt water in the steering cable is presumably more of an issue for salt water boaters like me. If you zoom in, you can see a ring of rust at the steering cable seal near the jet pump in the last image. For what it’s worth, I did also see the second string below where there are many folks who have adopted a method of lubricating their steering cables.

Attachments