• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 212X - Hello from Raleigh NC

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Everyone -- My wife and I just put down a non-refundable deposit on a new 2020 212X at Chatlee Boats in Sanford, NC. We saw it a couple of weeks ago at their boat show at the NC Fairgrounds.

We've been considering getting a boat for the last year or so, and this forum really helped in making the decision to get the 212X.

First step for us now is to find a storage place for the boat after we pick it up in late March. After that will be a Stoltz bow roller, Cobra Fins, Ridesteady, and more than likely new radial tires as we're heading up to Sunapee Lake in NH with it this summer for a couple of weeks.

Oure plan is to trailer to the lakes in the area, as well as possibly going down to Wilmington and the ICW.
Congrats!! Awesome boat! Which color?

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats on your new boat, be sure to add another coat of wax right when you take delivery, it will go a long way towards reducing those docking mishaps when learning how to steer a jet boat. Intimidating at first, but you will be a pro pretty soon. Just remember, in slow speed maneuvers, less is more and bumping the throttle will help you feel it out.

PBear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Happy Day yesterday for us - we took delivery of the boat at Chatlee! We even had time for a quick late afternoon "social distancing" first run on Harris Lake :)

Have some work to do in getting the tailer set up with respect to leveling, tongue weight, trailer guides/lights, etc.

Also took advantage of @suke recommendation and now have the boat parked in the same Fuquay location.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Happy Day yesterday for us - we took delivery of the boat at Chatlee! We even had time for a quick late afternoon "social distancing" first run on Harris Lake :)

Have some work to do in getting the tailer set up with respect to leveling, tongue weight, trailer guides/lights, etc.

Also took advantage of @suke recommendation and now have the boat parked in the same Fuquay location.
Nice! You park next to the other Yamaha near the front? I thought about taking that spot, but figured I should just stick to my spot I've been in over a year. When did you drop your boat off? I took mine out the other day for a few, and just took it back Friday.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Everyone -- My wife and I just put down a non-refundable deposit on a new 2020 212X at Chatlee Boats in Sanford, NC. We saw it a couple of weeks ago at their boat show at the NC Fairgrounds.

We've been considering getting a boat for the last year or so, and this forum really helped in making the decision to get the 212X.

First step for us now is to find a storage place for the boat after we pick it up in late March. After that will be a Stoltz bow roller, Cobra Fins, Ridesteady, and more than likely new radial tires as we're heading up to Sunapee Lake in NH with it this summer for a couple of weeks.

Oure plan is to trailer to the lakes in the area, as well as possibly going down to Wilmington and the ICW.
Good call on putting on a new bow roller before first launch.. I wish I had of done that earlier. Shorelandrs OEM rollers are pretty rigid and Scuffed my Bow

PBear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Nice! You park next to the other Yamaha near the front? I thought about taking that spot, but figured I should just stick to my spot I've been in over a year. When did you drop your boat off? I took mine out the other day for a few, and just took it back Friday.
@suke I did. When we got there a Friday evening around 7:30pm, the guy who keeps an eye on the area was there, and had me park there instead of further back. I certainly had no objection to that :). I think the spot next to me maybe open as well. He knew you were the “other jet boat”.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke I did. When we got there a Friday evening around 7:30pm, the guy who keeps an eye on the area was there, and had me park there instead of further back. I certainly had no objection to that :). I think the spot next to me maybe open as well. He knew you were the “other jet boat”.
LOL! Yeah I see that guy often. Nice dude! He's helped me pull out or back in several times. It's def rustic, BUT cheap and covered.