• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 212x subwoofer question/upgrade

jacobv23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone know what model the sub is in a 2020 212x? Recon fa10 or Revo?

I recently installed 2 additional amps to fully power the entire wetsounds system but I think the sub is lacking.

I will either add an additional or upgrade existing or change to 2 upgraded subs.
My amp puts out 600w rms.
Any suggestions or comparisons?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Which amp did you add? I ran into same issue but found my amp couldn't properly understand the low-level unbalanced output from the HU, so I had to keep the factory amp and use the outputs of the amp for my signal.

jacobv23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Which amp did you add? I ran into same issue but found my amp couldn't properly understand the low-level unbalanced output from the HU, so I had to keep the factory amp and use the outputs of the amp for my signal.
I added a JL400/4 and JL600/1 to the system. I also added an Audison bit one digital signal processor to clean everything up. The system is super loud now with factory wetsounds speakers but the sub lacks in my opinion.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I added a JL400/4 and JL600/1 to the system. I also added an Audison bit one digital signal processor to clean everything up. The system is super load now with factory wetsounds speakers but the sub lacks in my opinion.
Sounds like you need a M7 sub.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It’s only available in a 12” and I don’t think there’s room for it. I’m thinking 2 M6 10”s
I had two of the old 10IB5s in my old boat... they def got down.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You're chasing a dragon when it comes to bass in a boat. You can upgrade your sub, sure, but you'll never get the same sort of hit you'll get in a car.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You're chasing a dragon when it comes to bass in a boat. You can upgrade your sub, sure, but you'll never get the same sort of hit you'll get in a car.
I would disagree. Money can do a lot of things. I mean your not going to crank out 140+ in a boat, but you can get still get a boat louder than a lot of cars.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I disagree on this one sir =)