• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 242SE Helm Seat - Ouch...

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone else getting bruised by the metal brackets For the bolster in their helm seat especially when in light/moderate chop?
ADEBBA5F-520C-4582-B503-44D3D7DE80EF.jpeg

Chief

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, me too.... try useing a beach towel for padding.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ll occasionally sit on my throwable flotation “cushion”. Although, I know you’re not supposed to sit on it.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve never actually put my bolster down except to clean/condition the seat.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ll occasionally sit on my throwable flotation “cushion”. Although, I know you’re not supposed to sit on it.
The cushion is OK to sit on as long as it is throwable, not tied down, if needed. It is the life jacket that should be worn, not sat on, lol. I sit on the bolster (up) when we are making way. Rarely sit in seat with bolster down, usually while at anchor. You do not want to let your knee make contact with the metal. Been there, done that.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use the bolster buddy because i like to sit up high

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Only a few times I've had it down and driving at high speed, otherwise bolster up or standing. Those few times it's always been nice smooth water, so no issues... yet.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I rarely not use the bolster

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pop it up, I’m a taller guy, and the top of the windshield is tight at my eye level obstructing my view. It’s pretty busy and shallow where we boat so I like the visibility. I only put it down if we are anchored or it’s really flat. Honestly I just stand most of the time now that I think about it. Just better for see and avoid with the hazards

Dave berry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
towel works If its not that its something else with yamaha once they get your money forget about it

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
In my previous boat I always used the bolser as the top of the windshield was directly in my line of sight. On the 242 SE however the seat height is perfect for me to just sit in while either putzing along in no-wake zones and even when out on the ocean. But dang, those metal brackets hurt. I've tried the throwable but it's too thick and too firm. I'll try the towel suggestion next.