• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2020 242SE Mounting Location For Tower Speakers & Board Racks

Scooter442

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just had 4 Wetsounds ICON8 speakers mounted on the center tower pole, 1 pole in from the far back and its easy to hit your head on them for the taller people. Has anybody mounted them on the far right and left outside tower pole that goes down to mount to the boat?

Also mounted 2 monster tower racks and the ski rope get hung up in them, looking for suggestions where they have been mounted without this issue.

Sorry these are the only 2 pics I have showing the existing locations, I will get better ones later.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Speaker.jpg
    Speaker.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Racks.jpg
    Racks.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Ran into the same issue last week with the board rack. I had to have my flag person keep an eye on the line to make sure it didn't get caught up.

I do have a set of rev 8’s that im waiting to install but I will be trying to mount as close to the outer portion of the tower as possible. I definitely could not mount them in the middle like you. People would be blasting those all day long

I took a closer look the other day and would need to mock them up to see if the outer tower rails would work because then you run into the problem of people getting out of the side seats and hitting their heads.

I think I am going to mount all 4 of them on the smaller bimini portion of the tower on the same bar where the light stock OEM light is mounted. It measures 60mm so I will need to see if Wetsounds makes a clamp that will work or my current clamp will work.

I am taking the boat out this weekend and will verify that the top part of the speaker bracket will have enough clearance and not rub or interfere withe the bimini top.

I took a closer look the other day and would need to mock them up to see if the outer tower rails would work because then you run into the problem of people getting out of the side seats and hitting their heads.

I think I am going to mount all 4 of them on the smaller bimini portion of the tower on the same bar where the light stock OEM light is mounted. It measures 60mm so I will need to see if Wetsounds makes a clamp that will work or my current clamp will work.

I am taking the boat out this weekend and will verify that the top part of the speaker bracket will have enough clearance and not rub or interfere withe the bimini top.

I'd recommend against that option of the bimini frame. These tower speakers are HEAVY and that frame is NOT the best supported in comparison to the beefy tower itself. Your bimini frame will be moving and shaking all over the place with the addition of those speakers.

I'd recommend against that option of the bimini frame. These tower speakers are HEAVY and that frame is NOT the best supported in comparison to the beefy tower itself. Your bimini frame will be moving and shaking all over the place with the addition of those speakers.

I was thinking the same thing and I reached out to both Yamaha and Wetsounds and asked them their opinion, (Let them know the exact speakers and weight) and if there were any issues due to the weight and they both said it would be fine. I will be out this weekend and will be looking closer to see how much flex the tower has at that point.

I was thinking the same thing and I reached out to both Yamaha and Wetsounds and asked them their opinion, (Let them know the exact speakers and weight) and if there were any issues due to the weight and they both said it would be fine. I will be out this weekend and will be looking closer to see how much flex the tower has at that point.

I'd be interested in seeing the end result. I know that I can get 2 inches of bimini deflection (measured at the forward-most point) if I apply hand-pressure (most likely less than 50lbs of force). With 20-30 or even more lbs. of speakers plus wave action, that's not something I would do to my boat. Good luck!

If you move your board racks up higher on the tower, you won't have a problem with the rope catching on it. Unless you're doing a 180 turn to circle back on top of whoever is being towed. :D

Back