• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 242x tower speakers

Diybrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am pretty disappointing by the lack of volume when wake boarding. I can barely hear it when i am at the end of my 70' wakeboard rope. I know there are a couple of threads on here about the tower speaker bar and cabin speakers being wired in series reducing power to the bar. Does anyone know if this is true for the 2020 boats? I have just ordered the hardness connectors that were discussed in another thread from a year ago and hoping first that it still fits the current harness and two that it works.

Brad

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The tower speakers are wired to the HTX4 a 4ch amp each tower speaker is on its own channel 100w x 4 . Check and make sure zone 2 on the HU is set up right. Also download the Fuzion app for more settings. What did you order a new harness for?
The OEM WS amps do not have RCAs so will you be making a adapter for them/ or starting from scratch.
The cabin speakers are on the HTX6. The bow and rear cabin speakers are wired in parallel on ch 1&2 @ 150w per ch . The stern speakers are on ch 3&4 @ 100 per ch. The sub is bridged on ch 5&6 @ 300w.

Diybrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The tower speakers are wired to the HTX4 a 4ch amp each tower speaker is on its own channel 100w x 4 . Check and make sure zone 2 on the HU is set up right. Also download the Fuzion app for more settings. What did you order a new harness for?
The OEM WS amps do not have RCAs so will you be making a adapter for them/ or starting from scratch.
The cabin speakers are on the HTX6. The bow and rear cabin speakers are wired in parallel on ch 1&2 @ 150w per ch . The stern speakers are on ch 3&4 @ 100 per ch. The sub is bridged on ch 5&6 @ 300w.

The harness I am referring too is the one in post 17 of this thread. I didn't know if the 2020s were still wired in series like the previous models. I can just send it back to amazon if that isn't the case. I will take a look at the settings you mention. I didnt see that thread about the 2018s. I will give it a read.