• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR195 Rear Seat Cushion

Cdkjht1010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got the new 2020 AR195, great boat top speed and pulling power have been remarkable for a 19' boat however, the rear seat cushion will not stay down. I have had to stop and get it twice now. Once in the water it flipped up (stayed in the boat) and once out of water pulling short distance to our other house. I plan to add a strap with a button-snap but should I have to do this? Is this part defective and has anyone else had this problem? Thanks JT

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I found an easy solution - put it in your house (along with the other extra bow cushions). Since that area is a main traffic spot at the sandbars, seemed silly to haul them around.

Cdkjht1010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not the fillers, the actual seat is what is flying out anmut. That is the only one not hinged to the boat, nobody is walking on that dude.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not the fillers, the actual seat is what is flying out anmut. That is the only one not hinged to the boat, nobody is walking on that dude.
Oh, wow, my bad. I didn't even know that seat came off...

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR195 and have never had that seat cushion come off, even at top speed.

I believe mine has a few alignment blocks attached to the underside - they don't hold it down but instead make sure its oriented properly over the storage compartment. I assume yours has those as well?

Cade Funderburk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought the ar195s and lost both rear center and rear pilot side cushions on the highway, the rear pilot side was destroyed. $350 part.. plus the other hinged cushion was open, i will be stowing all non cushions from now on...love the boat!

aesaa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just had the same issue, lost rear pilot side while doing 75mph, my mistake. Bought a new one from Yamaha Sports Plaza for 235USD (AR190). They seem to have the best prices. Still waiting for it to be shipped though.
I'm thinking about adding a strap in case I forget to stow it again.

Cdkjht1010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR195 and have never had that seat cushion come off, even at top speed.

I believe mine has a few alignment blocks attached to the underside - they don't hold it down but instead make sure its oriented properly over the storage compartment. I assume yours has those as well?
Mine has the same blocks, it just floats up in the wind or on the highway, I'll double check them to see if they could be adjusted. Thanks

Cdkjht1010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone, seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I added a nylon strap with a snap on the wall under the seat cushion. I'll post some pictures, it almost looks factory quality, cost about $10 to complete and hopefully saves the cushion in tow/on the water.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Velcro is the way to go for that starboard rear seat. Also don’t forget about the anchor locker seat that’s not hinged either. That one would probably be harder to shake loose but you never know. I have Industrial velcro on both and have hit 70 to 75 miles an hour on occasion while it’s very windy and been OK so far.image.jpg

Extremneon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I literally just lost the cushion on starboard side today that is behind the drivers seat in the wind today while trailering my boat. We went back to try to find it with no luck.

Does anybody have any leads where to pick one up?

I Have 2021 SX195 with the cool interior.

Attachments