• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR240 ---> Sirius XM Install Question

Maxxam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to enable Sirius XM in my 2020 AR240. My understanding is I will first need to install the Sirius XM SXV300 receiver/antenna combo with the Connext head unit. I have looked at every pigtail connector at the backside of the helm and nothing is labeled for XM. The few that are there all have 'diag' labels attached to them. There are a few female ports that are capped of directly on the backside of the Connext but none of them have any labels either. Can anyone verify where I would be plugging into?

Thx

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i think you should have the fusion ra70nsx on the swim platform, it's your head unit...and your sirius/xm tuner will plug into it (not into the connext). grab the fusion manual, it should have the wiring diagram.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And before you buy the unit off Amazon or Crutchfield, many times SXM will ship you one for little or nothing to activate service. They also have 3 month 6 month subs for us boaters. I sign up for 6 months and in sept/oct, I call in and cancel, they credit my account for the remainder. Best $30 spent each year.

I did get a mailer for $4/mo, cancel at anytime as well.

Good luck!

Maxxam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks - I'll check that out for sure!

Maxxam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i think you should have the fusion ra70nsx on the swim platform, it's your head unit...and your sirius/xm tuner will plug into it (not into the connext). grab the fusion manual, it should have the wiring diagram.
Thanks for the info. I purchased the boat second hand so will need to check my paperwork to see if I have the Fusion manual. When I choose 'XM' in the Fusion menu it gives me a message to check my main radio (not the exact verbiage). Plus I had seen some posts with folks attaching the XM unit behind the helm so that is where I thought to start looking. You are saying that I will be removing the Fusion unit in the rear to look for a connector? Is there room to stuff the XM tuner behind the Fusion display & where are people mounting the XM antenna if the install is at the rear of the boat? I am going to be replacing my steering cables shortly so I may have better than average access at that time...

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bear in mind that if you have a sirius/xm subscription in your car, you should have free access to their website and app and can therefore stream from your phone. No need for more equipment or additional subscription. I guess the only downside there is that you need cellular service for it to work.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Maxxam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bear in mind that if you have a sirius/xm subscription in your car, you should have free access to their website and app and can therefore stream from your phone. No need for more equipment or additional subscription. I guess the only downside there is that you need cellular service for it to work.
Thanks - And yes my guess is I will be at lakes that will not have cell service in my travels.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Btw, you can use your current XM radio account with the app to stream over Bluetooth. That's what we do.