• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 FSH 210 Recomended Fixes

Nosdiel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
To fellow owners, looking for recommendations to upgrade or fix after purchase to avoid know issues.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Trim tabs smooth out the ride if you go out when it is rough. Over 3 years in salt water the latches an a few things are starting to, just starting to get milky underneath so I just changed to full stainless. I don’t wash it off all the time like you should so that could be the cause. You can just get in the boat new and use it as long as you want most of us just upgrading because it is fun to make it your own like with a Jeep. A chart plotter combo that gives you a bottom reading is also a good upgrade.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had no leaks or any other issues with my boat That needed to be fixed.

Nosdiel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you so much, had them install a garmin 7 inch. Hope it's good enough for the small use I'm probably going to give it. Mostly family time here in Miami.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In Miami now getting ready to take off! Lol
Love southern Fl. You will be able to boat all around down here on nice days.! Enjoy!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would recommend going over the boat top to keel. Nut and bolt check, check throttle throw. I second the trim tabs. I also went with Cobra Jet Steering, made a world of difference but I recommend running it without first. I also recommend a built in VHF if you’re around Miami.

Nosdiel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you!! Any specifics on trim tabs

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have a complete tool set to include two large wrenches for the latch handles when they spin freely on you as you try to lock the hatch after opening it! Did it sound like that happened to me?

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh and a sharp knife so when you suck up the dock line into your intake, you can cut the rope as it will be too tight to loosen. Don't ask!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have a complete tool set to include two large wrenches for the latch handles when they spin freely on you as you try to lock the hatch after opening it! Did it sound like that happened to me?
Just changed mine. All stainless now and heavy duty. I’ll post it

Nosdiel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh and a sharp knife so when you suck up the dock line into your intake, you can cut the rope as it will be too tight to loosen. Don't ask!
Lmaoo

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I did stuff like a trolling motor, bow platform and cushions, hardtop and sea decking. Made it more family friendly.

I don't feel the need for trim tabs yet but I haven't had mine out much since I just got it a few months ago. It's cold!

Whatever you do will be fun and make it your own.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got a "Sea Anchor" in case the boat is ever dead in the water. Not sure how to use it yet.

Botchco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I would recommend going over the boat top to keel. Nut and bolt check, check throttle throw. I second the trim tabs. I also went with Cobra Jet Steering, made a world of difference but I recommend running it without first. I also recommend a built in VHF if you’re around Miami.
Dixie H - Brand New 2020 FSH 210 Owner here. I appreciate all of input and knowledge shared in the forum. I took my boat out for watersports (wake boarding and tubing) this weekend and i have to say the travel during low speeds is pretty tough to handle while managing three kids reading to get in the water and under tow. Do you feel that the Cobra Jet add ons made a big difference for general steering and control at idle or low speeds? Thanks in advance.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dixie H - Brand New 2020 FSH 210 Owner here. I appreciate all of input and knowledge shared in the forum. I took my boat out for watersports (wake boarding and tubing) this weekend and i have to say the travel during low speeds is pretty tough to handle while managing three kids reading to get in the water and under tow. Do you feel that the Cobra Jet add ons made a big difference for general steering and control at idle or low speeds? Thanks in advance.
Trick is that these boats need power to steer. You can use the no-wake but you still want to add some power for steering. Cobra's do help with tubing and sports since they help the boat to track better similar to the articulating keel.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 Ar190 with CJS Vipers installed. Made a big difference at all speeds, money well spent.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Re the Lectro Tabs - has anyone used them to bow up higher at slow speeds for more wake?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Re the Lectro Tabs - has anyone used them to bow up higher at slow speeds for more wake?
You can't really "bow up". Fully retracted is the same as not having them. When they are engaged they are going to push the bow down. Where they come in handy is leveling the boat ride and dealing with swells. (Auto leveling system.)