• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 FSH 210 Sport Jet Boat Newbie

Botchco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Former 23 Foot Ranger Bay Boat / Pontoon Boat Captain here... Just picked up a new 2020 FSH 210 for my family. Plan to mostly use at our freshwater lake house but we live near the coast and have always been heavy into inshore marsh speckled trout fishing so anxious to get some dual use out of the boat. Did our first weekend of 'sea' trials up at the lake and had a few observations. Hoping this can help others looking at the boat and maybe also garner some feedback to those who may have suggestions for improvements or add on fixes:

1. Boat is fun! Kids enjoyed it for sure! Out the gate easy to launch and get acclimated to controls.
  2. Trailer (Galvanized/Aluminum Option) is of good quality and appears to be assembled well.
  3. Although most of the hatches are firm and seem sturdy enough, most of the latches feel cheap and I don't expect them to last longer than a year or two.
  4. Space seems to be more than adequate. Still working out plans for each of the spaces but that's a good things. However would like to seem more functional storage within reach of helm. lockable cabinet is a bit small and things easily fly out when accessed while traveling.
  5. T-Top: Very impressed with overall structure thus far. My wife and I even used for pull-ups while kids rested in the boat! Was skeptical of canvas top but actually think it is well made and well designed.
  6. Instruments - Fairly dissappointed in the quality of the analytical gauges. I don't necessarily trust the RPM readings and felt they were cheap overall. Connext system was a let down overall. Still can't understand why yamaha doesn't offer a bigger more functional (maybe a depth finder) option or at least that would allow NMEA 2000 data transfer to a chartplotter - sure this will be an option to future model owners!
  7. 'Jet' wash down - fairly dissappointed in this. Difficult to get pressure and when raising setting (RPM) boat walked or spun excessively.
  8. Engine sound - read extensively about this before and decided to risk it but I have to say it is much louder than expected. As I've read from others, I think Yamaha could do far more to address this than they've done. I know its possible becuase I've experienced much quieter engine sounds on their twin powered ski boats. I acutally used a sound meter device and determined a lot of the sound bleed is behind the transom wall near muffler? I think I've read through most ideas to help with this but if any new best practices can be shared please do so.
  9. I've owned PWC before and know about lake of control at low speeds but the boat wanders more than expected requiring much more attention with hands to the wheel. I also experienced quite a bit of movement when idling in neutral. Caused me to have to re-think leaving engines running while resetting wake boarders or tubing riders.
  10. Ride - The boat moves. It gets up fairly quick when throttled high (I need to better track and document time/speed to plane next trip out) and rides fairly high in the water offering smooth ride in choppy lake (winds gusting to 25!). However with just me in the boat and pully two children on tube at lower speeds, bow rode a lot higher than I'm used to or care for (Ranger hull was HEAVY). For those who've had installed, I'm curious if you think Trim Tabs would help me out here?
  11. As I mentioned at the beginning, I'm looking to do alot of multifacted fishing & rec with it and would love honest and succint advice on:
    1. Trolling Motor Selection and Install Tips (Would like GPS Virtual Anchor but easily removable)
    2. Chartplotter / Fishfinders
    3. JBP - Thrust Vectors - Worth it or not?
    4. JBP - Lateral Thrusters - Worth it or not?
    5. Cobra Jet Steering - Worth it or not?
Looking forward to the voyage alongside fellow FSH Captains and thanks in advance for any help or advice!IMG_0052.JPEG
IMG_0081.JPEGIMG_0115.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome, nice boat. Trim tabs will be your best ride comfort modification you can install, we just had a group buy for Lectrotab trim tabs. I use Cobra Ultimates w/ fangs for stearing/tracking enhancements. Yes Connext needs to be NMEA 2000 compatible. Many add chartplotters/transducers and trolling motors and there are threads here about adding all this with a search.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Botchco Welcome! Great looking boat and view!

Uncle Eddie Really Nice gif.gif
We love our 210 FSH. I had the Thrust Vectors (installed by dealer) and never had any issues with control of the boat. I have been on the fence with the Lateral Thrusters as so far I have not had any issues controlling the boat. There were times when I first got the boat that reverse was a bit of a chore, but I have since learned to plan ahead as the reverse control is not as responsive.

Since then I recently upgraded to the Trust Vector Wake version. I am very happy with the wake it produces, but I need to make some steering adjustments as since the install, the boat wants to drift to the port side and I find myself having to correct our straight line path often. This is not a negative on the TVW's, but just an adjustment I need to make. We fish, wake board and tube on almost every trip. We are not into surfing so I have no opinions on the wake as far as surfing goes.

Before buying the boat I did a ton of research on this site (Thank you to everyone for the information and advice). I was on the fence between the TV's or the Cobra Jet systems and was turned off by Jeff @ Cobra Jet which is what tipped the scales toward the TV's.
I wish the TVW's were available at the time I purchased the boat as I would have gone straight to those. FYI I have a set of TV's available if anyone is looking.....;) I am not trying to bash the Cobra Jet systems as I have no experience using their system and it appears that Jeff has changed his ways for the better.

I agree that the boat is a bit louder than I would like and I am researching ways to dampen the noise as well. I have seen a few good posts on the subject in these forums.

I am very pleased with the membership of this forum as there is always someone willing to weigh in and help.

On a side note........ You mentioned above about drifting while "leaving engines running while resetting wake boarders or tubing riders. " I would advise shutting down the motors to do so. I (as well as an "Elite Group of Individuals") have sucked up a rope into the intake. This is no fun and some have damaged parts in the process. If you don't have a floating rope, I would recommend getting one. @J-RAD hooked me up after I "Joined the Club". :winkingthumbsup"

Again, welcome to the forum and feel free to reach out with any questions.

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree with this boat doesn't hold in place when in neutral.....to the point it can be scary and frustrating.

Last year, I was out fishing with my family, and apparently every boat decided to hit the ramp at the same time, so I had to wait my place in line. At one point I was waiting between a rock breakwall on one side, and perpendicular docks on the other, and boats fore and aft. The only thing I could do was to intentionally do spins to hold in the relative same place. I sure was getting some odd looks by the guys with outboards. That was pretty stressful.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with a Simrad but you could use any brand of the all in one chart plotter fishfinder’s are great
I bought both systems and With the Cobras just seemed to work like a normal prop boat more.
The cabinet doors are just starboard but they work fine I haven’t broke any of mine in three years
One year in the Florida Keys sun and driving it back-and-forth to Florida killed my canvas top but you can get one made out of Sunbrella and it will probably last about 10 years.
If you put seadeck or something like that on at also takes care of some of the engine noise.
good luck and enjoy!